The latest ChannelPro SMB Forum event, originally slated to take place in Boston on September 3, took place instead as a virtual gathering with specially created content aimed at helping MSPs and IT solution providers navigate the fast-changing business climate and the impact of COVID-19.
“2020 has been a year like no other that’s forced our readers to change business strategies and service offerings fast,” said ChannelPro President and Publisher Michael Siggins. “Just as they’ve pivoted in response to new conditions, so too has ChannelPro by creating a state-of-the-art virtual event experience featuring all-new content about navigating these unpredictable times and preparing for the bright future ahead.”
The full-day event included live, interactive sessions delivered by industry experts who provided strategies for running an MSP business now as well as making adjustments as the economy re-opens at different stages throughout the country. In addition, there were panel discussions on the latest technology trends and solutions, and a virtual expo hall where attendees could browse sponsor booths and interact live in videoconference sessions.
The educational sessions included:
- Weathering the COVID-19 Storm: A Survival Guide—Expert managed services consultants Rayanne Buchianico and Manuel Palachuk outlined the financial and operational moves channel pros must make now to preserve cash and maximize profit.
- Peer to Peer: Best Practices for Big Challenges—MSPs and IT business owners and executives Seana Fippin, Charles Henson, Bruce McCully, and Joanna Sobran discussed how they are tackling the challenging issues of keeping sales flowing, hiring and retaining employees, and developing a vertical focus.
- Securing Clients, Securing Your Future—Managed security experts Scott Beck, Robert Boles, Angela Hogaboom, Joshua Liberman, and Rory Sanchez took a frank look at best practices for keeping customers safe now and building the security practice SMBs will need when conditions start returning to normal.
- Coronavirus and the Cloud—Leading-edge cloud service providers Malik Kahn, Ro Kolakowski, Eric Long, and Chris Ploessel shared insights on keeping clients connected from home today and capitalizing on exploding demand for cloud solutions tomorrow.
“ChannelPro SMB Forum events are known for their insightful, engaging presentations and panel discussions,” said Rich Freeman, ChannelPro executive editor. “Our latest virtual SMB Forum met that same high standard, offering our audience the concrete sales, marketing, technical, and operational advice they need to tackle short-term challenges and capitalize on long-term opportunities.”
The event concluded with attendees voting to honor vendor sponsors with the following awards:
- Best in Show – Buffalo
- Best Cloud – Tech Data Cloud
- Best Hardware – Buffalo
- Best IoT Solution – Eaton
- Best New Solution – Liongard
- Best Partner Community – Datto
- Best Revenue Booster – Connectwise
- Best Software Solution – SolarWinds
- Best Product/Tech Support – Datto
- Most Innovative – Liongard
- Best Add-On Product – Buffalo
- Best Virtual On Stage Presentation – Datto
- Best Virtual Booth Presentation (Premier sponsor) – Webroot
- Best Virtual Booth Presentation (Silver sponsor) – Buffalo
- Best Distributor – Ingram Micro and Synnex (tie)
- Best Selfie Video – Bvoip
Thanks to our Diamond sponsor SolarWinds MSP, Platinum sponsor Dell Technologies/Dell Expert Network, Sapphire sponsor Datto, Premier Gold sponsor The 20, and Gold sponsors ConnectWise, Cytracom, Ingram Micro, Tech Data Security Solutions, Trend Micro, and Webroot.
And thanks to our Silver sponsors ABC Solutions, ASCII Group, Buffalo Americas, bvoip, Eaton, Egnyte, ELO Digital Office, ErickSimpson.com, ESET, Liongard, Manuel Palachuk International, Marketopia, MSP360, Ooma, SMB Nation, SMB TechFest, StorageCraft, SYNNEX, Tech Data Cloud Solutions, and US Signal.
Next up in the 2020 ChannelPro SMB Forum series is November 5. Attendance and sponsorships are filling up fast. Register here.
ChannelPro also has an upcoming Canadian Online IT Service Provider Summit on October 1. Details are here.