The ChannelPro SMB Forum hosted managed service providers and IT consultants in Parsippany, N.J., on August 10 for a full day of networking and business-building educational sessions led by industry-leading experts and channel professionals. It was the fifth stop on ChannelPro’s 2023 tour of regional in-person events.
The ChannelPro SMB Forum covers the top issues that MSPs care about—growing revenue and profits, using AI to increase efficiency, building business resilience, staying out of legal jeopardy, capitalizing on new recurring revenue streams, and more. The sessions are delivered in interactive, informative, and fun-filled formats attendees won’t find at any other industry event.
At the product and services expo luncheon, attendees can see product demos, learn about show specials, and get updates on partner programs including training, marketing, and financing.
“ChannelPro stays on top of the latest trends like AI and new recurring revenue opportunities that MSPs and integrators can use to enhance their businesses,” says Michael Siggins, president and publisher of The ChannelPro Network. “Our events offer attendees an avenue to grow their peer networks and get up-close looks at the technologies and solutions that will allow them to prepare their SMB customers for the future.”
Attendees in Parsippany also had the opportunity to participate in a pre-day of activities on August 9, which included a Dell Technologies workshop, a facilitated peer discussion by ChannelPro association partner MSP-Ignite, and a welcome reception in the evening.
Educational sessions in Parsippany included:
- How to Reach Your Next Million Dollars in Revenue – Successful MSP business owners Steve Alexander and Stanley Louissaint (pictured above) shared how they reached their own revenue milestones, and offered strategies on pricing, client acquisition, KPIs to focus on, and the tools successful MSPs need to increase business efficiency.
- AI Tools to Increase Productivity Today – Consultants Adam Bielanski and Will Young separated the hype from reality around artificial intelligence, and discussed how MSPs can use AI to speed business and technology decision making, enhance service delivery, improve customer satisfaction, streamline service delivery, and create marketing campaigns.
- Building Your Business for the Ups and Downs in the Economy – MSP experts and business owners Eric Long and Anthony Oren talked about some key ways MSPs can build business resilience to weather economic cycles and challenges. Their advice included how to keep the pipeline filled with profitable clients and contracts, how to manage key numbers to maintain a high business valuation, and more.
- How to Keep Your MSP Out of Court! – Security and compliance expert Mike Semel shared five risk management strategies MSPs can use to protect themselves from expensive and embarrassing lawsuits. Topics included how to structure contracts to limit liability and exposure, why MSPs need to align sales and marketing to those contracts, why it’s important to audit service delivery, the latest compliance regulations, and E&O insurance policy tips.
- Recurring Revenue Streams You Cannot Afford to Miss Out On – Longtime MSPs Mike Bloomfield and Sam Ruggeri (pictured at right, with President and Publisher Michael Siggins) walked the audience through the best new high-margin services to offer such as cybersecurity, the Microsoft 365 stack, IoT, HaaS, third-party management, and more.
Attendees also voted to award New Jersey sponsors the following:
- Best Cloud Solution – US Signal
- Best Hardware Solution – Carbon Systems
- Best New Solution – Conceal
- Most Innovative Solution – Conceal
- Best Partner Community – ConnectWise
- Best Software Solution – CyberQP / Mailprotector
- Best Revenue Booster – Dell Expert Network
- Best Add-on Product – Conceal / CyberQP (tie)
- Best On-Stage Presentation – Kaseya IT Complete
- Best Expo Hall Presentation (Gold and above) – Kaseya IT Complete
- Best Expo Hall Presentation (Silver) – Acronis
- Best Distributor – TD SYNNEX
- Best Product/Tech Support – ThreatLocker
- ROI Lightning Round Winner – Acronis
- Best Vendor Participation – Fortinet
- Best in Show – Kaseya IT Complete
“ChannelPro’s 2023 State of the Channel Survey found that channel pros were optimistic about 2023, even in the face of multiple uncertainties, and based on the enthusiasm of our New Jersey attendees, that is holding true,” says Siggins. “All of ChannelPro’s in-person and online events deliver insight on the trends and technologies our attendees will need to take advantage of current and emerging opportunities throughout the rest of the year.”
Many thanks to Titanium sponsors Dell Expert Network and Kaseya IT Complete; Platinum sponsor Fortinet; Premium Gold sponsor Pia; Gold sponsors ConnectWise, CyberQP, Hornetsecurity, Huntress, Ingram Micro, Mailprotector, TD SYNNEX, ThreatLocker, US Signal, and Vanta.
And thanks to our Silver sponsors Acronis, Avast Business, Barracuda MSP, BBT.live, Carbon Systems, Conceal, Creating Digital, Critical Insight, Cynet, D&H Distributing, IONOS, NUSO, Red Sentry, SOCSoter, and Syncro; and Bronze sponsor Vicarius.
And don’t miss the all-new ChannelPro Defend: SMB Cybersecurity Strategies for IT Solution Providers, our first-ever national cybersecurity conference in collaboration with CompTIA on November 1-2 in Southern California. To register, go here.
Finally, capping off the year is the ChannelPro Online Summit, Managed Services and Cloud: Operational Excellence, on December 6. For more information, go here.
If you are an IT integrator, managed services provider, consultant, or VAR serving small and medium businesses, these events are for you! For information on all ChannelPro events go here.