For many IT solution providers, entering next-generation technology markets like cloud, security, IoT, analytics, and mobility can be challenging and costly. To eliminate guesswork and minimize the risk and costs for channel partners looking to make one or more of these high-growth areas a strategic part of their business, Tech Data Corp., of Clearwater, Fla., today introduced its new Practice Builder methodology.
Providing a customized approach designed to accelerate growth in each technology area, the new program was tested with a group of customers over the last several months and is now available in the U.S. and Canada to customers who meet established criteria, including investment commitment and established growth metrics.
Tech Data’s Practice Builder methodology comprises five key phases to facilitate success:
- Strategy Development: Reviews current business and recommends the best ways to move forward using detailed roadmaps of the path to success.
- Training and Enablement: Maps out training opportunities and affords partner-facing employees the ability to get the certifications and training they need to provide the best possible service to their customers.
- Marketing: Ensures the development of an integrated marketing strategy through a variety of proven methods to help drive new business.
- Services: Examines service delivery opportunities, from pre-sales to managed services, to make sure the organization is appropriately staffed to deliver a seamless customer experience—by either using their own resources or incorporating the benefits of white-labeled services from Tech Data.
- Sales Execution: Focuses on recommending the right tools and support activities to help the organization successfully execute on its strategy.
According to industry analyst firm IDC, 60 percent of enterprise IT will be off-premises by 2018. Cloud products and solutions are displacing traditional infrastructure spend, increasing competition and lowering margins for resellers. Tech Data positions the Practice Builder methodology as a way for its partners to leverage this trend and extend their capabilities without the ramp-up time and resources traditionally required to develop in-house expertise. The distributor works with a broad portfolio of market-leading technology vendors whose products complement the new methodology as well.
The Practice Builder methodology arrives as Tech Data seeks to build on the acquisition it completed earlier this year of Avnet Inc.s Technology Solurions unit to help resellers evolve from selling product to selling solutions.