SolarWinds has added a new endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution in partnership with security vendor SentinelOne. The newest addition to the company's IT security portfolio, it employs patented artificial intelligence technology to help MSPs prevent, detect, and respond to the latest threats to customer endpoints.
SolarWinds Endpoint Detection and Response, as the new product is called, is designed to defend endpoints against nearly every type of attack in real time. The system's SentinelOne underpinnings provide threat and incident data on virtual and physical PCs and servers, both on premises or in the cloud. If an attack succeeds and a breach occurs, the solution provides automated remediation and rollback.
“MSPs and the small businesses they serve are prime targets in today’s evolving threat landscape. So, it’s more important than ever for MSPs to understand the nature of the attacks they are facing and to be proactive,” said John Pagliuca, executive vice president of SolarWinds MSP, in a press statement. “We are pleased to partner with SentinelOne to offer Endpoint Detection and Response to our partners to help them protect endpoints and defend against a broad range of online dangers. Additionally, SentinelOne arms SolarWinds’ MSPs with ActiveEDR to autonomously respond to threats in real-time.”
According to SolarWinds, the new EDR solution enables users to:
- Evolve to meet the changing threats in the market including malware, ransomware, fileless, exploits, lateral movement, live/insider attacks, living off the land, credential scraping, and document macros.
- Cover multiple attack vectors including browser, email, binaries, executables, scripts, documents, removable media, and drive by downloads.
- Protect before, during, and after a cyber-attack, even when offline.
- Gain visibility into current threats through a single-screen, applications, and running processes.
- View centralized security management extensive reporting which provides forensic records for past threats analysis, and allows users to view how and when a threat started.
- Isolate, immunize, remediate, and rollback the infected endpoint automatically.
“We’re delighted to work alongside SolarWinds to help MSPs defend the vital endpoints that people and organizations depend on every day,” said Tomer Weingarten, chief executive officer and co-founder of SentinelOne, in prepared remarks. “One of the most damaging trends we’ve seen of late is the increasingly widespread adoption of fileless attack techniques which are designed to silently infect systems without leaving behind any obvious traces. Traditional methods such as AV are not enough to protect against advanced attacks, so having endpoint protection, which uses behavioral and static AI to prevent and detect these types of attacks is vital. MSPs become more efficient and responsive by leveraging autonomous technology with a cloud-native multi-tenant architecture that performs at scale.”
SolarWinds competitor Continuum includes EDR functionality acquired along with CARVIR Cybersecurity last June in its security portfolio. Like SolarWinds Endpoint Detection and Response, the Continuum offering utilizes technology from SentinelOne.