Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, announced myTrailhead, enabling businesses to reinvent corporate learning and enablement. Salesforce launched Trailhead in 2014 with a mission to create a gamified online learning platform that empowers anyone to skill-up for a job in the thriving†Salesforce Economy. Now, with myTrailhead, Salesforce is extending this platform to enable companies to customize the learning environment with their own content and branding—from custom onboarding trails to company-specific enablement skills.
“In this digital age, continuous learning is more critical than ever to keep pace with rapid technology changes and the increasing velocity of business,” said†Sarah Franklin, SVP Developer Relations and GM of Trailhead, Salesforce. “myTrailhead fosters a culture of learning, which drives both employee and business success.”
As technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, every job is being redefined with new skills and companies are struggling to keep up. Traditional corporate learning techniques and tools simply won’t cut it. myTrailhead transforms the corporate learning model—empowering organizations with tools needed to make learning customizable, fun and at the center of their business. Now, companies will be able to move from disparate learning tools—FAQs, slide decks and static manuals—to a single modern platform for all corporate learning.
“The global demand for 21st century skills is increasing,” said†Josh Bersin, Principal, and Founder, Bersin, Deloitte Consulting LLP. “Offerings that provide fun, easy-to-use, gamified training in modern topic areas can add value to individuals and companies all over the world.”
The myTrailhead platform will bring together new and existing technologies including:
- Trail Maker†is a guided setup tool that will enable companies to create private learning content for their employees customized with their own brand—in just a few clicks. With Trail Maker, companies can write and create their own materials or customize the pre-curated library of public Trailhead content. Now, companies can build customized employee content for sales enablement, best practices for customer service agents, onboarding for new hires and more.
- Trailhead Profile†is a complete view of an employee’s skills and expertise. The profile showcases the Trailhead badges earned, points accumulated and skills learned. Rewards and ranks gamify learning and career advancement. When employees want to switch roles or take on a special project at a company, managers will have a complete view of their skill set to help recruit internally.
- Trail Mixer†enables employees to build and share a collection of custom learning paths called Trailmixes. Trailmixes can be created from public Trailhead content, custom content built on the platform or external content such as videos or slide presentations.†For example, to onboard a sales rep, managers must provide an overview of the sales cycle and train them on logging opportunities and account activities and running reports. With Trail Mixer, managers will be able to create one Trailmix that consolidates all relevant onboarding materials, both within and outside of Trailhead, that a rep would need to get up and running in this role.
- Trail Tracker†is an app that motivates employees with gamified leaderboards and enables managers to assign and track personalized learning across their organization. For example, a department leader can assign a mandatory Management 101 training to all new managers and track to see which of them has completed the course. Once complete, the new manager will be awarded with a badge, showcasing their competency right on their profile. As they continue to earn badges and reach milestones, a leaderboard showcases where they rank amongst their peers.
- Trail Checker†rates and rewards learning by allowing companies to build interactive challenges designed to assess skills—including stand-and-deliver, quizzes, and hands-on challenges. For example, a customer service lead can certify service reps for a call center by having each rep use the stand-and-deliver assessment tool to record and upload a simulated role-play video, scoring the presentation and awarding a badge directly on the rep’s myTrailhead profile if they pass.
Pricing and Availability
- myTrailhead is expected to be in pilot the first half of 2018 with general availability later in the year. Pricing will be announced at the time of general availability.