Super Micro Computer Inc. has announced new initiatives with Red Hat, a provider of open source solutions, to deliver open source optimized solutions across its portfolio of computing and storage platforms. Supermicro’s expanding range of Red Hat solutions will support Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for open hybrid cloud and enterprise workloads across converged infrastructures.
Supermicro’s solutions optimized for Red Hat Ceph offer durable, software-defined, scale-out storage platforms in 1U/2U/4U/42U form factors and are designed to maximize performance, density, and capacity.
“Supermicro’s server, storage, and networking solutions are redefining the formula for efficient, scalable computing,” says Charles Liang, president and CEO of Supermicro. “Our model of providing the widest selection of platforms in Ultra, TwinPro, FatTwin, MicroCloud, MicroBlade, and SuperBlade with dedicated server management software and global support services offer maximum flexibility for configuring exactly the best cloud-scale infrastructure solutions.”
Supermicro SuperServer Solutions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platforms
1U/2U Ultra SuperServers
- Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 160W TDP), 3TB DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 2.5-inch hot-swap NVMe SSD 2x in 1U, 4x in 2U, SATA3 and SAS3 12Gb/s support, up to 8x PCI-E 3.0 slots in 2U, 10GBase-T and 10G SFP+ support, IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
- Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4, 2133MHz LRDIMM in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0 x16, PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP (2U TwinPro), and "0 slot" flexible rear expansion for add-on card solutions such as PCI-E SSD, 10GbE with SFP+, or GPU/Xeon Phi; 10GBase-T, InfiniBand, or Gigabit Ethernet networking options; up to 4x NVMe and 8x SAS3 12Gbps 2.5-inch hot-swap SSDs per node; co-processor support (2U TwinPro); IPMI 2.0 + KVM with dedicated LAN; SATA DOM power connector; TPM 1.2 header; and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
4U FatTwin – High-density 8/4/2 hot-plug node SuperServers
- Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 (up to 36 cores and 145W TDP), up to 1TB DDR4 2133MHz Reg. ECC in 16x DIMMs, PCI-E 3.0, up to 8x 3.5-inch hot-swap HDD bays per U in 4U 4-node or up to 6x double-width NVIDIA GPU/Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor per node in 4U 2-node configuration NVMe, SAS3 12Gbps, SATA3 6Gb/s, GbE, 10GBase-T, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies.
3U MicroCloud – 24/12/8 hot plug node SuperServers
- Nodes support Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2/v3, Intel Atom processor C2750 SoC (20W, 8-Core), E3-1200 v2/v3/v4 family, Intel 4th/5th Gen Core socket H3 from 13W to 84W, AMD Opteron 3000 series (3300 ready) processor, 8/4-Core; Socket AM3+, up to 256GB LRDIMM, 128GB RDIMM, up to 2133MHz DDR4 ECC or up to 64GB DDR3 VLP ECC UDIMM 1600MHz support, 2x 3.5-inch hot-swap SATA3/SAS, 2x 2.5-inch SATA3 HDD/SSDs or 2x 3.5-inch SATA3; optional kit for 4x 2.5-inch SATA (2x SATA3 + 2x SATA3) HDDs, Low-profile PCI-E x8 expansion support, IPMI 2.0 with KVM over dedicated LAN, redundant 1620W Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies
6U MicroBlade – All-in-one total system that features 112/56/28 hot-swappable MicroBlade server nodes
- Supports DP/UP Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel Atom C2000 processors, and up to 4 HDDs/SSDs and a SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4/2x 10/2.5/1/GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 8x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
3U MicroBlade – All-in-one total system that features 56/28/14 hot-swappable MicroBlade server nodes
- Supports Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3, E3-1200 v4, D-1500, or Intel Atom C2000 processors, and up to 4x HDD/SSDs and 1x SATADOM per server. MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It also features up to 4x redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans
- Supports Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3, up to 6x DIMM slots, 1TB LRDIMM, 512GB RDIMM or 128GB UDIMM, 2x Intel Xeon Phi or NVIDIA Tesla Kepler K10X/K20M/K40M/K20X/K80; GRID K1/K2 (GPU Blade), up to 3x hot-plug NVMe + 3x hot-swap SAS3 12Gb/s HDDs or 6x Hot-swap 2.5-inch SAS3 HDD Bays (StorageBlade), 4x QDR (40Gb) InfiniBand or 10GbE mezzanine HCA, Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+) digital power supplies with cooling fans
Supermicro Scale-Out Storage Solutions Optimized for Red Hat Ceph
Supermicro’s next generation X10 Storage Servers optimized for Ceph feature the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processor family available in form factors from 1U to 4U.
SYS-6018R-MON2 – 1U/4-bay dual processor server with dual SFP+ 10G LAN
- MON2 is a general purpose 1U server populated with CPU and memory to excel at cluster monitor and management roles. A minimum of 3x systems are required to form a Ceph cluster quorum.
SSG-2028R-OSD072P – 2U/12-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 1x NVMe (12+1)
- OSD72 is a flexible 72TB server with a single processor installed. A second processor can be installed for deployment in IaaS environments.
SSG-6048R-OSD216 – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (36+0)
- OSD216 is a capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive. Under load it has enough hard drives to saturate the 10G client interface.
SSG-6048R-OSD216P – 4U/36-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 2x NVMe SSD (36+2)
- OSD216P features SSDs to improve use in mixed workloads.
SSG-6048R-OSD432 – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives (72+0)
- OSD432 is a 432TB capacity optimized system for large block sequential applications like backup and archive.
SSG-6048R-OSD360P – 4U/72-bay with 6TB/7k SATA drives and 12 SATA SSD (60+12)
- OSD360P is a 360TB capacity optimized system with SSD for OSD journaling.
For more details, visit http://www.supermicro.com/Ceph.