The ChannelPro Network’s Cybersecurity Online Summit: Protect and Profit, a live, single-day event held on April 6, delivered educational content and best practices aimed at helping IT solution providers and integrators safeguard their customers from cyberthreats and make money doing so.
The Protect and Profit virtual event is the first in a series of three all-new 2022 Online Summits featuring industry-leading experts and channel professionals addressing top-of-mind issues and trends in both cybersecurity and business management. The online events also offer a virtual expo hall and the ability to interact live with sponsors.
“The cyberthreat landscape is complex and continually evolving, which is why ChannelPro is committed to bringing together the best thought leaders in the industry to share their insights,” says Jeff O’Heir, event content director and community manager for The ChannelPro Network. “Our speakers have the knowledge and experience to guide our audience of MSPs and integrators toward IT security products and services that will not only help protect their SMB clients, but will be money makers for their business.”
The April 6 summit featured the following educational sessions:
- Pandemic Security Health Checkup—Our panel of cybersecurity “doctors” (better known as experienced MSPs) Joshua Liberman, Anthony Oren, and David Ruchman, discussed what the industry has learned in the two years since COVID-19 made remote and hybrid security an urgent priority. They diagnosed what’s worked, what hasn’t, and how to apply those lessons in the future.
- Peer to Peer: Ransomware 2.0—Channel pro Oli Thordarson, founder and CEO of Alvaka Networks, shared front-line tales from his “ransomware rescue” service, including the steps he took to put that line of business in place, the process of a rescue, and the challenges and risks.
- Going for Cyber Insurance Gold—Joseph Brunsman and Justin Reinmuth, Olympic-caliber cyber insurance experts, addressed the urgent questions channel pros have about evaluating policies, meeting compliance standards, getting claims approved, and more. They provided gold medal advice.
- MSP Sued! Are You Ready?—Security and compliance expert Mike Semel shared 10 specific risk management strategies MSPs can use to protect their reputation, their mind, and their retirement from end-user lawsuits.
- New Workplace, New Threats, New Arsenal—An elite panel of security-focused channel pros—RJ Friedman, Angela Hogaboom, and Rory Sanchez—discussed the latest techniques attackers are using to victimize their targets and the latest tools channel pros are using to protect those businesses.