Lenovo Launches Thin and Powerful T400 Laptop
The series combines space-saving technology of X300 series with power and peripherals of extra powerful products.
Lenovo has unveiled its ThinkPad T400s laptop, a thin and light PC.
Inspired by Lenovo's thinnest and lightest full-function laptop, Lenovo engineered its latest laptop to mirror the featherweight ThinkPad X301. The ThinkPad T400 is just 0.83 inches thick and weighs less than 4 pounds.
The laptop's skinny size comes thanks, in part, to a very narrow 14.1-inch LED screen and Top Cover Roll Cage--Lenovo first introduced this design in the X300 series. The design reduces the weight of the T400 series laptop by 20 percent.
Lenovo senior vice president, ThinkPad, Peter Hortensius says the T400 balances "the need for greater portability with strong performance and usability."
The laptop comes with:
- Choice of Intel 2.53 GHz Core 2Duo processors
- Choice of solid state drive storage (up to 128-GB or 250-GB hard drive storage)
- 9.5-mm-tall DVD burner or Blu-Ray player
- Ethernet, WiFi and optional WiMAX3, WWAN, Bluetooth and ultrawide-band connectivity
- 34-mm Express Card slot or 5-in-1 multimedia card reader
- Support for Lenovo's ConstantConnect and Protect technology
- Nearly six hours of battery life
- Support for up to two monitors via a Display Port and VGA connector
- Built-in USB/eSATA port
The ThinkPad T400s laptop also comes with peripherals for expanded workspaces. All of the technology's features--as well as those of its peripherals--are available as downloadable PDFs on Lenovo's Web site.
The ThinkPad T400s laptop is available beginning immediately through Lenovo business partners and Lenovo.com starting at approximately $1,599.