Sweden-based Fractal Design has launched the Silent Series R3 fans, an upgrade from the current Silent Series fan lineup, and the new Dynamic Series of fans.
The Silent Series R3 is available in a variety of sizes, ranging from compact 40mm fans to full-size 140mm fans, and are designed to provide a quiet, reliable performance on a budget. Key features include:
- Rifle bearings, boasting improved life expectancy and lower noise compared to a standard sleeve bearing
- Black stealth ribbon cable
- Improved balance and sturdy fan
- Low fan speeds, optimized for quiet operation
- The company's signature black and white color scheme
- Hydraulic bearings
- Equipped with a counter-balancing magnet in the hub that reduces the axial tension on the bearing
- Optimized fan geometry for a good balance between static pressure and maximum airflow
- Aerodynamically shaped thin stator struts (including wire strut), mimicking the design commonly found on airplane wings, delivering correct angles allowing for air to easily pass through reducing noise and unwanted turbulence
- Stator struts are angled perpendicular to the blades, helping to reduce noise commonly emitted when the blades pass the struts
- Notches near the fan hub on the trailing edge of the blades further reduce and diffuse the humming noise produced when the blades pass the stator struts
- A "trip wire" on the rear side of the blades, near the leading edge, to provide a more efficient, quiet fan environment
The Silent Series R3 and Dynamic Series of fans will be available April 2015.