Cloud Girls, a not-for-profit consortium of women evangelizing the cloud, has named its new leadership for 2018, including the addition of new directors and co-chairs as well as the creation of new work groups responsible for finance, strategy, and community. The changes follow the group’s designation as a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization and its expanded vision to inspire and empower women as thought leaders in the evolving cloud and next-generation technology space.
Cloud Girls welcomes the addition of two new directors:
- Laura Romero, director, global solution partners and programs for Plex Systems, has joined the board as chair of the Membership Work Group. Romero, who has been a Cloud Girl since 2010, previously was a member of the Communications and the new Brand & Strategy work groups.
- Tamara Prazak, director of channel strategy for Flexential (formerly Peak 10/Via West), has joined the board as chair of the new Community Work Group. Previously she was co-chair of the Communications Work Group.
“Cloud Girls is excited to bring on two new directors to its expanded board of directors,” said Cloud Girls Co-founder Jo Peterson, vice president of cloud services for Clarify360. “Laura is a longtime member and a tireless cheerleader for Cloud Girls. She will be an incredible ambassador as the chair of the Membership Work Group. Tamara, who joined in 2016 quickly proved to be leadership material in her role as co-chair of the Communications Work Group. As Community Chair, she will continue to promote communications among members of the Cloud Girls organization.”
Two directors are leaving their longtime posts on the Cloud Girls’ board:
- Manon Buettner, CEO for Nuvalo, is a co-founder of Cloud Girls and has served in many roles, most recently as chair of the new Community Work Group. She is now heading up formation of the new Cloud Girls Advisory Council.
- Wendy Holmquist, Technology Sales Manager for Public Sector at Adobe, has been the chair of the Event Planning Work Group for several years, and will remain a contributing member of that work group.
Returning Board Members include:
- Jo Peterson, vice president of cloud services for Clarify 360, continues as chair of the new Brand & Strategy Work Group.
- Michelle Hyde, CEO for Hyde Group, is the chair of the newly formed Finance Work Group.
- Michelle Ruyle, financial services business development leader at IBM, is the new chair of the Operations Work Group.
- Andrea Blubaugh, managing director at Nuvalo, remains chair of the Philanthropy Work Group.
- Kedra Simm, director of channel business development for Ciena, is the new chair of the Event Planning Work Group.
- Khali Henderson, Senior Partner for BuzzTheory Strategies, remains chair of the Communications Work Group.
New in 2018, Cloud Girls is adding co-chairs to its work groups. These include:
- Crystal Gilbert, principal at CDG Consulting, as co-chair of the Brand & Strategy Work Group
- Raj Varma, CEO of Arth Systems, as co-chair of the Finance Work Group
- Stephanie Minasian, account manager for HCL Technologies, as co-chair of the Operations Work Group
- Jess Bryar, sales director – cloud services for Sandler Partners, as co-chair of the Philanthropy Work Group
- Ally Murtlow, regional partner manager at Rackspace, as co-chair of the Event Planning Work Group
- Luanne Tierney, managing member at FiveSky, as co-chair of the Communications Work Group
- Leigh Ann Campbell, business development director for cloud and MSPs at Dell Software, as co-chair of the Membership Work Group
- Natalia Botti, channel manager for CDW-Medlar at SingleHop, as co-chair of the Community Work Group