The ChannelPro Network kicked off its 2021 live event schedule on Wednesday, February 3, with the Cybersecurity Online Summit, which provided attendees a deep dive into tools and techniques to keep MSPs and their SMB customers more secure.
“The threat landscape continues to evolve, so ChannelPro thought it was important to start our lineup of live events focused on the critically important topic of cybersecurity,” said ChannelPro Executive Editor Rich Freeman. “Our goal is to give our audience the insight and advice they need to better protect their own businesses while building out a portfolio of offerings to secure their SMB customers.”
The Online Summit is the first of five that the ChannelPro Network will host in 2021, along with six ChannelPro SMB Forum hybrid events throughout the country starting in May, which will be presented live to an in-person audience and live streamed through our online event platform to attendees who prefer a virtual experience.
Both the Online Summits and the ChannelPro SMB Forum events provide business-building educational content geared toward MSPs, VARs, and system builders who want strategies for boosting revenue and profits and positioning their firms for the future. The lineup of speakers includes top channel pros and industry experts who offer insight on the hottest tech solutions and trends. All events include opportunities for networking, peer to peer perspectives, and an expo hall with the latest vendor offerings and time for one-on-one conversations.
Sessions at the February 3 Cybersecurity Online Summit included:
- Hybrid IT Security Tips and Tricks – Hybrid IT environments that combine traditional infrastructure with cloud, mobile, and Internet of Things solutions require new skills, strategies, and tools to secure them. During a lively panel discussion, security experts Angela Hogaboom and Jason McNew offered pointers on critical issues every channel pro must be aware of and how to overcome them.
- Stump the Security Pro – Security pro Ian Thornton-Trump fielded audience questions and offered advice on a range of topics, from managing supply chain attacks to securing work-from-home employees and more.
- Peer to Peer: Leading with Security – Channel pros Lawrence Cruciana and Bruce McCully shared their personal, real-world experiences and lessons learned in one-to-one conversations about how to make security top of mind for customers.
- Getting Governance Right – Risk and compliance experts Angela Davis Dogan and Mike Semel discussed important considerations when setting security policies and procedures and effective techniques for enforcing them.
- Incident Response Showdown! – Incident response authority Jayson Ferron judged answers from panelists and channel pros Michael Cocanower, Corey Kirkendoll, and Brian Weiss about on real-life incident response scenarios. Points, prizes, and bragging rights were on the line!
- Session: Selling Security —In this interactive session, three experienced channel pros—Scott Beck, Joshua Liberman, and Oli Thordarson—offered advice on creating security product bundles, setting prices, and dealing with clients who refuse to spend what they should to stay safe.
Attendees also voted to honor vendor sponsors with the following awards:
- Best in Show: Huntress
- Best Partner Community: ConnectWise
- Best Revenue Booster: SKOUT and Webroot (tie)
- Most Innovative Solution: Liongard
“If it’s true that you’re judged by the company you keep, then ChannelPro is fortunate that so many top industry experts, vendor sponsors, and IT solution providers chose to spend their day with us, addressing how to make the world a safer place for businesses and individuals,” said Michael Siggins, president and publisher of the ChannelPro Network.
Many thanks to Titanium sponsor Dell Technologies, Diamond sponsor Fortinet, Platinum sponsor Barracuda MSP, Premier Gold sponsor Huntress Labs; Gold sponsors Acronis, ConnectWise, Exclusive Networks, Graphus, Keeper, SolarWinds MSP, Sophos, SKOUT, Tech Data Security Solutions, Threatlocker, and Webroot; and Silver sponsors Axcient, Liongard, and VIPRE.
Next month, join ChannelPro for the Business Management Online Summit on March 3, which will cover sales, marketing, operations, financials, metrics, and more. To register, go here.
And on April 7, plan to attend the Managed Services and Cloud Solutions Online Summit: Where the Money Is. To register, go here.
Later in the year, ChannelPro is hosting the following Online Summits:
- August 4 - Cybersecurity Online Summit: Threat Trends and Opportunities
- December 8 - Managed Services and Cloud Solutions Online Summit: Best Practices for Accelerated Success
For more information about the ChannelPro SMB Forum hybrid events, go to www.events.channelpronetwork.com.