Better Business Outcomes
You can help your customers build and implement forever data strategies. These should consider all data types at all edge locations. The data should be easy to categorize, find, analyze, manage, use, and migrate to the optimum location—whether at the edge, data center, cloud, or some combination. As your customers’ data expands at the edge, the ability to store, protect, and use that data for organizational benefit, all within the boundaries of evolving and increasing regulatory requirements, is the ideal outcome of a forever data strategy.
A solid strategy will most likely include multiple technologies and vendors—an ideal opportunity for channel pros to build forever data practices and deliver impactful edge-first solutions. As you help develop forever data solutions and align processes with best practices for today and long-term, you and your customers should ask:
- How do we best architect the solution for distributed data at the edge?
- Does the strategy provide features and capabilities for storing, protecting, and using data at and from the edge?
- Is it flexible, so customers can expand and adjust easily?
- Can it support any data type, anywhere, at any time?
- Does it provide high availability, security, protection, and tools for data usage?
- How will customers manage data at the edge and its movement to the cloud and back again?
- Do they need it to work anywhere, such as remote, harsh environments and/or places where there is little or no IT support?
IT solutions providers play a critical role in helping their customers take an edge-first/edge-centric approach now to capitalize on the possibilities of forever data or risk being overwhelmed by the onslaught.
BRUCE KORNFELD is an experienced technology executive who has held leadership roles in marketing, product management, alliances, and business development in the storage, server, networking, and security industries. He joined StorMagic in 2017, and serves as chief marketing and product officer, where he is responsible for all aspects of global marketing, product management, and alliances for the company. Prior to joining StorMagic, Kornfeld held marketing and product leadership positions at Compellent, Dell, and NCR. Follow him on Twitter @brucekornfeld.