Ivanti, the company that unifies IT to better manage and secure the digital workplace, announced Ivanti Optimizer for SAP, a software license optimization solution that provides full license visibility, optimization, and management for SAP environments. Part of Ivanti's suite of Asset Management solutions, Ivanti Optimizer for SAP controls license management through intelligent insight which ensures organizations leverage the right SAP licenses based on actual usage. This provides valuable analysis during both contract negotiations and on-going license management to minimize license compliance risk, lower license costs and ensure audit readiness.
"SAP environments can be complex and thus prone to significant over licensing," said Ian Aitchison, Senior Product Director, Ivanti. "This stems from the traditional process of basing license classifications on theoretical calculations or organizational size, rather than actual usage. Ivanti Optimizer for SAP takes the guesswork out of license classification while delivering the deep insights SAP administrators need to prevent indirect access usage and unauthorized data consumption. It can also pinpoint unused or duplicate licenses which can save up to 90%1 on each re-classified license."
Ivanti Optimizer for SAP controls and optimizes SAP environment licensing through a combination of user inspection, user behavior analysis methods, and built-in best practices. As a result, organizations have not only reported significant savings on re-classified licenses but up to 100% on dormant and multiple username accounts. Key features include:
- License Reclassification Based on Actual Usage. User usage insights and analysis ensure that SAP licenses are allocated based on actual usage, ensuring that the environment isn't over-licensed.
- Identification of Unused and Duplicate Licenses. Built-in analysis pinpoints inactive and duplicate users, even across different systems and applications.
- Minimization of Financial Risk Exposure from Indirect SAP Access. Alerts are immediately generated when indirect access usage is suspected, dramatically minimizing the risk of unauthorized data consumption and license contract breaches.
- Up-to-the-Minute License Control. On-going license management control provides an accurate view into current SAP licensing classifications and assures license compliance and audit readiness.
- SAP Engine Optimization. Assess SAP engine usage and gain insight into the best possible payment models which reflect real and current usage.
Deployment of Ivanti Optimizer for SAP can be performed in days, for a rapid return on investment. The solution is external to the SAP environment and doesn't require any changes to the production SAP system.