Power management company Eaton has announced the launch of its new double-door, line-side isolation switch. Labeled the industry's first compartmentalized, fusible safety switch, the new product features a two-door design with an internal barrier that isolates the fuse base from line-side power, enhancing the safety of work environments for equipment operators.
The latest addition to Eaton's growing line of safety switching devices provides lowered exposure, enhanced safety, and improved uptime when accessing the load-side fuse compartment. Additionally, the new switch enables maintenance personnel to:
- Observe the position of the movable blades within the switch base - External viewing window and enhanced visible blade components allow observation of whether the circuit is open or closed.
- Prevent doors from being opened when the switch is energized - An interlocking mechanism keeps the door closed when the handle is in the ON position, while a defeat mechanism enables user access when necessary.
- Maintain line isolation from incoming line-side cables within the fuse compartment - A barriered wireway for bottom feed applications can be removed for top exit.
- Simplify testing and maintenance - Screw-down fasteners on the upper switch compartment add an extra layer of safety, while an optional lower viewing window provides visibility into fuses with blown fuse indicators.
- Increase flexibility to meet application needs - Double-door designs accept many safety switch accessories and are available with the following ratings:
- 30 A through 1200 A
- 240 Vac and 600 Vac
- NEMA Type 12/3R and 4/4X enclosures
To learn more about Eaton's new double-door, line-side isolation switch, visit Eaton.com/doubledoor