Acer and Intel are offering K-12 schools a chance to try Google’s Chrome OS with a free 30-day trial of the Acer C720 Chromebook. Applications are available for schools interested in participating in the program. Program rules:
- By entering the program, the customer agrees to have two short conference calls with Acer.
- After the first call, during which Acer solutions will be discussed, each K-12 customer will receive one Acer C720- 2103 Chromebook.
- The C720-2103 is the only system available in the program. No substitutions are allowed.
- Thirty days after delivery of the systems, customers will have a second conference call with Acer to discuss their impressions of the products.
- K-12 customers can then explore opportunities with an Acer representative for long-term use of the Acer Chromebook seed unit or return the system to Acer and owe nothing. Return shipping will be paid by Acer.
- Only one application per K-12 school will be accepted and approved. If a school submits multiple applications, only the first one received will be accepted.
- Large school districts with multiple schools will be limited to a total of 3 units only.
The C720-2103 includes an Intel Celeron 2955U processor based on Haswell, 2GB of DDR3L RAM, 16GB solid state drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports (one each), and a 3-cell Li-Polymer battery.
Schools can apply for the Acer Chromebook Seed Program now through April 15, 2014.