ADTRAN Inc. has upgraded its Bluesocket virtual WLAN (vWLAN) software that consolidates and adds features for hosted WLAN and mobile offload services. The upgraded solution helps MSPs leverage Bluesocket vWLAN to offer resale, managed WLAN, or cloud-hosted WLAN services to SMBs and large enterprise customers. The enhanced vWLAN solution also provides integrated support for mobile offload services – enabling MSPs to generate additional revenue from existing WLAN deployments.
Built around the concept of flexibility, the new version of ADTRAN’s Bluesocket vWLAN now enables both enterprises and MSPs to address various business models and network needs all from one virtualized platform. MSPs can better target the fast growing enterprise WLAN market with multiple options – resale, managed services, or cloud-hosted WLAN services. At the same time, the Bluesocket vWLAN architecture offers enterprises the flexibility to choose the WLAN deployment model that enables them to scale service as their business dictates, as well as to smoothly migrate between the models.
The Bluesocket vWLAN’s architecture separates the control and management plane from the data path, and moves it to the cloud. By centralizing the control in addition to the management, network administrators have a complete view and control of the entire network, not limited to a subset of managed devices.
The latest release of Bluesocket vWLAN solution includes:
- Enhancements to the hypervisor-based WLAN platform supporting a multi-tenant function
- Support for multiple administrators with multiple levels of access control rights
- Enhanced High-Availability features for improved system reliability
- Increased storage time for user statistics up to 30 days
- Enhanced reporting and alerts
- Support for the expanded portfolio of Bluesocket 1900 series Access Points
- Access to the administrator portal from any mobile device including iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices
- Support for VMware ESXi 5.x