Jamf, the standard in Apple device management, has announced a powerful set of updates to its Apple device management solution for small and medium businesses, Jamf Now. Customers can immediately begin deploying packages on macOS devices, custom applications on iOS devices and leveraging powerful restrictions to swiftly set up, manage and protect their Mac, iPhone, and iPad devices.
“Whether it’s a startup or a sophisticated organization, package deployment for Mac and custom app deployment for iOS are two premium features that are vital to businesses as they grow,” said Nick Amundsen, VP, Jamf Now. “A lot of companies rely on the Microsoft and Adobe suites, two key products that aren’t available in the App Store today. With this update, we can empower all businesses to deploy the software and scripts they need to grow.”
New Jamf Now Enhancements
Built from the ground up as a SaaS solution for small to mid-size businesses, Jamf Now is an ever-evolving product and is updated every two weeks. Recently added features include a new tier of functionality for businesses that want more powerful management workflows, including:
- Package deployment for Mac – Quickly and easily deploy custom scripts and applications with the versatile .pkg file format. This is particularly useful when businesses need to deploy software not available in the App Store, such as Google Chrome, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office, to their organization’s devices.
- Custom iOS app deployment – Easily distribute in-house apps or those built by a third party with custom app deployment for iOS devices. With this functionality, organizations can leverage custom applications across all iOS devices, no matter if the app is only available outside the App Store.
Jamf Now’s Standard plan continues to be available for just $2 per device per month. The new premium features, including custom package deployment and custom app distribution, are available in a new plan, Jamf Now Plus, today for $4 per device per month. Jamf Now customers have always enjoyed managing their first three devices for free, which will continue with the launch of the new premium features.
In addition, Jamf Now recently added other new functionality for all users, including:
- Support for macOS restrictions – In addition to existing support for iOS restrictions, Jamf Now recently added new restriction commands specifically for macOS.
- 50 new restriction commands – Wi-Fi whitelisting (allowing connections only to pre-approved hotspots), disabling email account modification and preventing VPN configurations are just a few of the new restriction commands now available.
- Streamlined Blueprints layout – To accommodate the huge increase in support for restrictions commands, Jamf Now overhauled its Blueprints layout to give customers a more intuitive device management experience. The new layout, available today in all Jamf Now accounts, offers a more intuitive way to configure Blueprint settings and commands.
- Jamf Now Balance – A new way to pay ahead for service, Balance is a flexible means to add value in a Jamf Now account and have stored credit on hand to pay for monthly service. Customers are billed at the plan level and for the number of devices managed in a given month.