Think COVID-19 can’t make things much worse? Wait until people without access to a barber start showing up in big 70s-style mustaches again. That’s just one of the dangers Matt and Rich discuss this week with their guest host, cloud entrepreneur and consultant Jamison West. In an interview with Forrester analyst Jay McBain, they also explore the sobering potential impact of the coronavirus recession on the channel’s long-term future.
That comes after a look at NetApp’s acquisition of CloudJumper, RapidFire Tools’ new work-from-home security assessment solution, and Tech Data’s bullish outlook on endpoint solutions, and before a discussion about the advantages of providing cloud solutions versus selling cloud products. Take a listen! And then, if you’re growing a mustache, please shave it off.
Subscribe to ChannelPro Weekly!
Look for us in your favorite podcast app. If you don't see us (yet) then you can subscribe via RSS in almost any podcast app using this link: http://www.channelpronetwork.com/rss/cpw
Episode #: 144
Title: The Mustache Crisis
File size: 51.9MB
Regulars: Rich Freeman - Executive Editor, Matt Whitlock - Technology Editor
Guest Host: Jamison West, Strategic Coach, ConnectStrat/CEO, SmileBack/CEOTimeZest, ConnectStrat
Topics and Related Links Mentioned:
- Jamison West's businesses: ConnectStrat, SmileBack, TimeZest
- NetApp Buys Cloud Desktop Vendor CloudJumper
- RapidFire Tools Adds Work-From-Home Hardware Assessments to Network Detective
- Tech Data Bullish on Endpoint Solutions
- The Cloud Solution Recipe for Cyberspace Success
- Jay McBain's blog post: Quantifying Coronavirus (COVID-19) For The Technology Channel
- Matt's Museum Pick: Dell pack-in PS/2 mouse
- Matt's Tech Pick: CHERRY MW 2310 2.0
- Rich's ICYMI plug and quickie preview of the week ahead