Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, announced new innovations in Health Cloud at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference that enable healthcare organizations to provide more connected, intelligent patient engagement and improve outcomes. Health Cloud brings the world’s #1 CRM to healthcare, enabling providers like NYU Langone Health and 180 Health Partners to connect to their patients in smarter, more powerful ways. With the new Care Gaps and Assessments capabilities, healthcare organizations are able to easily identify and close gaps in a patient’s care plan and leverage personalized surveys to monitor outpatient care progress.
For the majority of healthcare recipients, the patient experience is complicated and disconnected. Patients must navigate through a maze of organizations and communication channels to get the services and care they need. At the same time, many care providers are unable to bring together both the clinical and non-clinical information necessary to deliver quality care and better streamline the patient experience. In fact, only 14 percent of healthcare service workers say they have an “excellent” view of their patient despite 77 percent rating it as important to their job1. In addition, 61 percent of patients who have been recently hospitalized or have had a family member hospitalized say that improvements can be made in the post-discharge process, such as better communication between their primary doctors and other members of their care teams2.
Introducing New Health Cloud Innovations
To meet the needs and expectations of today’s patient, Salesforce continues to deliver new Health Cloud capabilities that enable care providers to improve patient experiences and outcomes, from patient acquisition through post-acute and home care.
- Closing Care Gaps:†Identifying and addressing gaps in care can be difficult and complex.† Care Gaps provides an efficient way to monitor and close gaps in a patient’s treatment plan. This helps them stay connected to their patients beyond the four walls of the hospital. For example, there is a patient with diabetes who is supposed to get the HbA1c test every three months. Previously, a care provider wouldn’t know whether the patient actually scheduled or even attended his regular appointment. With Care Gaps, a provider has visibility into how the patient’s treatment plan is progressing. If the patient failed to make or attend an appointment, Care Gaps alerts the provider to reach out to the patient to schedule an appointment and get them back on track with their care plan.
“To succeed in value-based care contracts, payers and their provider partners need to be able to easily identify patients with open care gaps, such as cervical and colorectal cancer screenings,” said Geneia CEO†Mark A. Caron, FACHE, CHCIO. “Geneia is pleased to partner with Salesforce to bring this critical capability to Health Cloud, and to do so in a way that allows care gaps to be seamlessly closed within the clinical workflow.”
- Care Management with Assessments:†Assessments utilizes personalized online surveys to collect patient data, which can be used to monitor how a treatment is progressing and whether any intervention is needed. For example, after a patient has been discharged following a hip replacement surgery, her doctor wants to track post-op progress to ensure she is healing correctly. With Assessments, the doctor can push a survey to the patient asking her to rate her pain level and range of motion on a numbered scale. If she reports a high level of pain or low range of motion three days in a row, the doctor could determine that she should come in for an appointment, which can be automatically scheduled within Health Cloud. Patient-generated responses are integrated directly into Health Cloud’s dashboard, giving care providers a quick and easy way to assign actions and view care progress.
“With the increasing need to focus on the patient experience, online assessments provide healthcare organizations another valuable tool to increase personalization and engagement with their patients,” said†Lynne Dunbrack, Research Vice President for IDC Health Insights. “Online patient assessments can help both strengthen provider-patient relationships and improve patient outcomes.”
Salesforce’s AppExchange Brings More Capabilities to Health Cloud
Salesforce continues to build a comprehensive ecosystem of partners that extends the power of Health Cloud. According to a recent IDC3†study, Salesforce and its ecosystem of customers and partners will create more than 244,000 jobs and enable more than†$68 billion†in new business revenues in healthcare revenue creation by 2022 worldwide. In the coming months, Salesforce partners are bringing new applications fully integrated with Health Cloud that will be available in the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s leading enterprise cloud marketplace. These solutions include:
- Formativ Health:†Formativ Health’s Patient Engagement Center providers organizations with specialized workflows that centralize patient-facing operations, helping to improve patient satisfaction while reducing costs.
- Health Hero:†Health Hero PE enables providers to send automated phone calls and text messages to patients based on disease state and procedure type, helping reduce readmittance and improve adherence.
- Hexaware:†Hexaware’s Carrot Cube combines a unified patient view, evidence-based care management, risk stratification and quality analytics, enabling providers to improve the patient experience and outcomes while lowering costs.
- INTERVENT:†The myintervent app provides a health risk assessment that produces risk stratification of the current and future health of individuals and defined populations. Once this stratification process has been completed, evidence-based lifestyle and condition management solutions can be implemented to allow an organization to manage the risk of its members’ health.
- LiveData:†LiveData’s PeriOp Manager provides teams with a comprehensive engagement solution to plan, visualize and analyze a patient’s surgical journey, while enabling hospital and surgery centers to define, track, improve and sustain performance.
- MCG Health:†MCG Health, in partnership with Cadalys, will release Cadalys Care, which provides care teams with comprehensive education solutions and care pathways as patients transition from the hospital to recovery or home care.
- PokitDok:†PokitDok’s Eligibility solution enables users to integrate and automate medical benefits verification.
- Sansoro Health:†Sansoro allows providers to exchange real-time data from Health Cloud seamlessly with electronic medical records, helping to reduce integration time, decrease maintenance costs and minimize risk.
“The best experience we get anywhere becomes the experience we expect everywhere. As a result, the bar for the patient experience is rising, and the need for current, relevant and dynamic information from patients is greater than ever,” said Dr.†Joshua Newman, Chief Medical Officer, Salesforce. “The new Care Gaps, Assessments and partner solutions for Health Cloud enable organizations to raise the bar for the patient experience while lowering costs and improving outcomes.”
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Health Cloud is generally available starting at†$300†per user, per month. Care Gaps and Assessments are included with a Health Cloud license.