At the CEDIA 2017 trade show opening,†NETGEAR, Inc., the worldwide leader in home networking and smart home security products, introduced the industry’s first and only wire-free, battery-powered ONVIF-compliant camera. The†NETGEAR FlexPower Wire-Free IP Camera (VNC4030)†and the†FlexPower Base Station (VNB4000) are easily installed and compatible with existing VMS and NVR security systems. NETGEAR is demonstrating the new solution in our booth (#4049) during CEDIA along with other innovative NETGEAR products for security installers serving residential as well as small and medium-sized businesses.
The†FlexPower ONVIF-Compliant Wire-Free IP Camera†provides HD-quality video captured using a 130-degree wide-angle lens, day and night. Supporting flexible power options (battery, AC or optional solar), and PIR motion detection, enhancing security at a residential or business property has never been easier.
The Open Network Video Interface Forum, or ONVIF, is an industry forum creating a global open standard for the interoperability of IP-based physical security products. The FlexPower Wire-Free IP Camera is compliant with ONVIF standards, ensuring its compatibility with other ONVIF-compliant surveillance video management systems (VMS). This makes FlexPower an easy, cost-effective option for security installers needing to complement existing systems.
For example, a FlexPower camera can fill blind spots that would otherwise require cost-prohibitive building upgrades or new power cabling. It can also provide “pop-up” security monitoring when and where you need it for events, warehouse inventory, or law enforcement operations, while still recording to the existing VMS system. It can even be paired with†NETGEAR 4G LTE Modems†to send video streams to remote VMS servers.
FlexPower Cameras paired with a FlexPower Base Station and ONVIF-compliant software or storage, such as NETGEAR Business-Class ReadyNAS, create a complete video security solution, a great choice for homeowners who prefer local storage over the cloud, but want the ease of outdoor installation offered by NETGEAR’s wire-free solutions.
The companion†NETGEAR FlexPower Base Station†acts as a wireless access point for FlexPower cameras with a wireless range up to 300 feet line of sight. Designed for FlexPower camera connectivity only, it does not provide WiFi to other devices but does support up to four FlexPower cameras. The Base Station’s on-board processor ensures the camera meets ONVIF standards while extending battery life for connected cameras. It offers flexible mounting options for the ceiling, wall and table top. Additional base stations can be added to extend the system to support more cameras and offer even broader wireless coverage.
“Our new FlexPower Cameras leverage the WiFi engineering expertise that NETGEAR brings as the industry’s top brand in smart home security cameras,” said Greg Falgiano, senior product line manager for NETGEAR Smart Home Security. “Whether you’re a security installer, residential alarm service provider, small business owner, franchisee, or in law enforcement, FlexPower Cameras will enable you to safeguard your clients and their property where other cameras can’t. And the fact that they’re ONVIF standards-compliant makes them both a wise investment and an easy addition to your existing video security system.”
Key Features of the FlexPower Camera
- Flexible power options†include rechargeable battery, optional solar panel or included AC power adapter.
- Battery-powered operation offers an†easy, wire-free installation and flexible placement†as the included rechargeable battery can power the camera for months on a single charge (depending on usage and environmental factors).
- The†IP65 rated,†weatherproof design†is rugged enough for both outdoor as well as indoor camera placement, wherever needed.
- PIR motion detection†preserves battery life by streaming video only when motion is detected, while PTZ controls in your video management system app will wake the camera for live streaming.
- 720p HD quality video†with a 130-degree wide-angle lens for a remarkable field of view captures more activity, day and night, in sharp detail.
- Built-in IR night vision†lets you see clearly in the dark up to 25 feet, while an advanced RGB-IR image sensor eliminates the need for an IR cut filter, and its associated noise, for discreet operation.
- Pair with a FlexPower Base Station and ONVIF-compliant software or storage, such as NETGEAR Business-Class ReadyNAS, for a complete†video security solution.
Pricing and Availability
The new FlexPower Camera and Base Station will be available for pre-order in September and will begin shipping as of October in the US and Canada through†authorized NETGEAR partners†and other installer and reseller channels and ecommerce sites, at the following suggested retail prices in the U.S.:
- NETGEAR FlexPower ONVIF-Compliant Wire-Free IP Camera (VNC4030) — $229.99
- NETGEAR FlexPower Base Station for FlexPower Cameras (VNB4000) — $99.99