GIGABYTE Technology, a creator of high-performance server and workstation hardware, has introduced the MW70-3S0, its latest dual socket workstation motherboard based on the Intel C612 chipset. It joins the single socket MW50-SV0 to complement GIGABYTE’s line of 2011-3 socket-based workstation motherboards, and offers workstation builders a high end product featuring the latest technologies.
Features of the MW70-3S0 motherboard include:
- 3-Way Graphics: With the support of 3-way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX technologies, this board can support up to 3 GPU cards running at full PCI-Express Gen3 x16 bandwidth.
- SAS 12Gb/s Storage: With an onboard LSI SAS 3008 controller, the board supports up to 8 SAS drives running at 12Gb/s via two mini-SAS HD connectors. The controller is also capable of aggregating any SATA and SAS drives into a single 12Gb/s data stream with LSI DataBolt technology.
- Easy BIOS Update: The company has developed an integrated function (no utility to install) that lets users update the BIOS of their motherboard(s) without having to install CPU(s), memory, drives, operating system, etc.; without having to power on the system (but a power supply must be connected); one board at a time via GIGABYTE’s standard IPMI 2.0 web interface; or with multiple boards simultaneously via command line.
- Intel Xeon Processors E5-2600 V3: Based on the Haswell microarchitecture, this Intel processor family features a whole new set of performance enhancing features over the previous generation. Moreover, these processors include encryption performance overhead reduction features and technologies to improve run time and migration VM integrity.
- DDR4 Server Memory Support: Built on a quad channel architecture, these new memory modules feature an increased stock frequency of up to 2133MHz and a lower voltage of 1.2V per module.