CloudBerry Lab, a vendor of backup and management solutions for public cloud storage services, has launched CloudBerry Backup 4.0 featuring block-level backup across all supported cloud storage providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, HP Helion, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, and Rackspace. New features in CloudBerry Backup 4.0 include:
- Block-Level Backup: Block-level backup analyzes source files and backs-up only those parts of files that have been modified since the most recent backup, saving time and storage space compared to running a full file backup. Additionally, restoring a block-level backup takes less time compared to restoring a full file-level backup.
- Improved Bare Metal and System State Backups: This latest offering provides block-level backup for full Bare Metal Restore (BMR) and System State backups. BMR and System State backups can proceed quickly, without any requirements as to previously installed software or operating systems.
- Improved MS SQL Server Backup: This latest release of CloudBerry Backup comes with updated MS SQL Server backup, and includes support for Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and FILESTREAM. TDE protects data by encrypting the physical files of the database rather than the data itself in order to prevent unauthorized access by restoring the files to another server, while the FILESTREAM data type stores large unstructured objects, such as documents and images.
- Multithreading Allows for Faster Restore:† Multithreading has been added to the restore process. Files can now be transferred in parallel threads, allowing users to retrieve and restore their data from the cloud much faster.
“CloudBerry Backup 4.0 with block-level backup is the perfect solution for everyday backup as it significantly reduces the amount of data that is moved to an online storage provider,” says Alexey Serkov, CTO at CloudBerry Lab. “In addition to reducing the amount of storage space required, block-level also greatly accelerates backup and allows users to prevent loss of valuable data even if their files have been modified multiple times since the last backup.”
With CloudBerry Backup, data confidentiality is enforced through the mechanism of transparent exchange whereby only the end-user has access to the actual data residing on external sources. Service providers initiate the process and oversee its completion, while the actual link is established directly between the end user’s computer and the cloud repository. In addition, to ensure complete security, CloudBerry protects all data with customer-controlled encryption keys.
All components of CloudBerry Backup v4.0 are available in:
- Desktop edition for Windows workstations priced at $29.99.
- Server edition for Window Servers priced at $79.99.
- Bare-Metal edition with System State Backup and Bare Metal Recovery for Windows Servers priced at $119.99.
- MS SQL edition for Windows Servers with MS SQL Server priced at $149.99.
- MS Exchange edition for Windows Servers with MS Exchange priced at $229.99.
- Enterprise edition with all-in-one features priced at $299.99.