One of the fastest growing segments in the home automation market is the smart lock category. Helping to fuel this category’s growth is Kwikset new new SmartCode 914 Deadbolt with Home Connect technology. The lock has been available for a while now and features a smaller overall footprint to meet the growing need for more home-friendly, integrated security solutions. “The availability of the Kwikset SmartCode 914 Deadbolt with Home Connect technology brings a much need and often requested smaller interior footprint to the marketplace,” says Keith Brandon, director of residential access solutions for Kwikset. “We’ve heard it from consumers via formal and informal feedback. Now we’re able to deliver it in a lock that provides even greater functionality than many of the products currently available in the marketplace.” Kwikset also points out the lock can be used inside or outside the home and includes Z-Wave technology. Other features include:
- Re-key technology that allows users to re-key their locks in seconds without having to remove the lock from the door
- BumpGuard technology that protects homeowners from lock bumping
- A 10-digit backlit keypad
- A dedicated lock button
- BHMA Grade 2 certification that ensures build quality
- UL certification with a 20-minute fire rating
- A master code option that allows a user to prevent user codes from being added or deleted.
Kwikset is selling SmartCode deadbolts in a variety of finishes and styles for $199.
This article was originally published by our content partner CE Pro