Heartland Tech Groups Launch UK Program
The IT peer group brings together technology partners from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.; convenes Q2 meeting in Los Colinas, Texas.
Heartland Tech Groups (HTG), a provider of peer group programs for the IT solution provider industry based in Dallas, Texas, announced the launch of its HTG 2.0 program and the conclusion of its second meeting held in the United Kingdom in January. The HTG program and peer group meetings bring together technology partners from across the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
“The launch of Heartland Tech Group UK has increased the value of HTG for our membership community,” says Arlin Sorensen, founder of HTG. “Gaining a perspective from partners from outside North America adds a dimension to our group that is unique and valuable. The peer group model is an excellent venue for identifying challenges, launching new ideas, and connecting with colleagues from across the world.
“Although HTG UK is in its infancy, we look forward to fostering a growing, dynamic organization in the years to come,” Sorensen adds. “I truly enjoyed my time attending the HTG UK meeting in Birmingham and am beginning to understand how solution providers in the UK face many of the same issues as those in North America. We have much to learn from each other as we continue to share through HTG.”
Upcoming activities for the HTG UK group happening in April include:
- The HTG UK Q2 quarterly meeting will be held in Los Colinas, Texas, on April 20-21 at the Omni Mandalay Hotel.
- An HTG vendor fair, including the 20-plus sponsors of the HTG community, will enable members to discuss best practices for integrating products and services into their business portfolios.
- HTG Summit will be held on April 21-23 at the Omni Mandalay hotel immediately following the HTG UK peer group meeting. The Summit will feature breakout sessions that address issues facing the IT community as well as keynote speaker Bob Burg, co-author of the business book The Go Giver.
- HTG awards presentations, happening during the HTG Summit, will include naming of the HTG UK member of the year.
- Networking time for sharing and learning from peers from all over North America and the UK will also be† provided.
Heartland Tech Groups were founded in 2001 to bring Iowa-based IT partners together to leverage one other’s talents following the post-dotcom downturn. Over the years, HTG has grown from a purchasing group to an international group of business owners, sales professionals, marketing managers, and senior management of IT firms in non-competing geographies. For two days each quarter, these professionals meet to work on key business issues and opportunities for growth.
HTG member firms focus on execution and holding other members accountable for business commitments and achieving goals. For more information or to apply for HTG membership, visit http://www.htgmembers.com.