Zyxel Communications has added two new tri-mode access points, a security gateway, and extended cloud management features to its Nebula Cloud Network Management Solution in a bid to help MSPs and their SMB customers meet increasing network challenges.
The new Zyxel NebulaFlex Pro access points support three management modes—standalone, controller-managed, and cloud-managed—via the Nebula Cloud Management platform. Both the NebulaFlex Pro WAC6303D-S 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point and NWA5123-AC HD 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-Radio Unified Access Point are designed to support high-performance business solutions and adapt easily into existing network infrastructures, while providing the flexibility to be used in either on-premises managed or cloud-managed installations.
The newly unveiled devices feature 802.11ac Wave 2 technology as well to connect with more client devices at higher speeds. Next-generation Transmit Beamforming (TxBF) technology is optimized to provide reliable Wi-Fi connectivity in high-density environments. The WAC6303D-S is also equipped with smart antennas to overcome Wi-Fi interference in busy environments.
All NebulaFlex Pro APs come bundled with a three-year Nebula Professional Pack license.
Zyxel has also added new features to the Nebula Cloud Management platform designed to provide MSPs with additional flexibility and management benefits:
- IGMP Multicast Functionality and IPTV Reporting – Provides utilization, network analysis, and client statistics of multicast groups or channels in an IPTV environment for MSPs serving the hospitality industry.
- Nebula Security Service Analysis Reporting – Provides application patrol, content filtering and antivirus, and offers at-a-glance reporting of the usage and hits of network clients for Managed Security Service Providers.
- Configuration Templates for Switch Settings – Allows MSPs to roll out and update networks at multiple sites from a single base configuration.
- Backup and Restore – Lets technicians configure settings site-wide or in switch devices.
- Nebula Mobile App v2.1 – Enhances the array of mobile features to include a notification center, MSP organization/site status-at-a-glance view, VPN topology, and site-wide map view.
The NSG300 Nebula Cloud Managed Security Gateway is the latest addition to Zyxel’s growing family of cloud-managed gateways. The new unit is engineered to provide more power and capacity to run advanced Nebula Pro Pack features and Nebula Security Services. The entire Zyxel family of security gateways can be managed via the cloud for zero-touch provisioning, firmware upgrades, and streamlined policy management across all connected gateways.
“The continuous evolution of technology is placing greater demands on corporate networks. MSPs and IT departments are responsible for maintaining an infrastructure that meets or outpaces the increasing complexities of the changing network environment,” explained Shawn Rogers, market development manager for Zyxel, in prepared remarks. “As these performance and management challenges continue to evolve, we are continuously working to innovate and integrate capabilities and features into our products and solutions that allow our MSP and SME customers to address these challenges efficiently and effectively. These new products and enhancements will provide SMEs and MSPs with the ability to deploy the best-fit solution to address the needs of their customers’ networks.”