Due to the popular demand of its Eaton 5130 uninterruptible power system (UPS), Raleigh, N.C.-based diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation announced that it is expanding the 5130 product line to include new 1000, 1500, and 2200 VA models. These line-interactive models are specifically designed for protecting IT systems--as well as VoIP and EDGE/3G/WiMAX wireless networking equipment--against power fluctuations and outages.
The 1000 VA model delivers a true 1000 watts of power compared with competitive systems that typically offer only 700 watts, says the company. With reduced heat dissipation in dense rack environments, the two-in-one rack and tower configurations are available in slim 2U (3.50 inches) and 3U (5.25 inches) reduced-depth form factors.
"The popularity of the feature-rich 5130 models led our design teams to add these new models to address the growing needs of the market," says Hervé Tardy, vice president and general manager, Eaton's Distributed Power Solutions Business Unit. "IT managers and resellers especially appreciate the UPSs' comprehensive features that are normally found in more expensive systems. The 5130 family is one of the most sophisticated line-interactive UPSs on the market today."
Operating at up to 94 percent efficiency, according to Eaton, the 5130's design reduces heat, thereby decreasing cooling costs. Moreover, with power factors higher than 0.9, the 5130 delivers more wattage in less space to protect more equipment and leave more room to expand IT systems.
Additional features of the 5130 include:
- Hot-swappable internal batteries - Users can easily swap out batteries without interruption of power; slim 2U external battery modules can be quickly added to provide hours of backup time.
- Intuitive power management software - Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager provides visibility over all of the UPSs and power distribution units (PDUs), regardless of their brand, using an intuitive, graphical interface and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- NetWatch 5.0 software - Conducts automatic shutdown of UPS-protected devices and is compatible with the latest virtualization environment such as VMware's ESXi and vSphere 4.0 or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Load segments - Users can independently control output receptacles to selectively shed loads during an outage and save battery runtime, remotely reboot systems or manage sequential start-ups and conserve energy by switching-off idle devices.
- Options - Extended battery modules, Web/SNMP cards, a hot-swap maintenance bypass switch, rackmount PDUs, and extended warranty plans are available.
The three new 5130 models are available now and are sold with a three-year limited warranty. For additional information and to download product data sheets, visit www.eaton.com/5130.