When organizations launch a diversity and inclusion initiative, they believe that it is not only the right thing to do but, more importantly, know it makes great business sense. What steps should your organization take toward success and what are common mistakes to avoid?
The Five Do’s
- Do ensure buy-in and support from the senior leadership team – you are guaranteed to fail without it.
- Do set clear and measurable diversity goals.
- Do evaluate organizational practices, policies and programs for alignment and realign as needed.
- Do communicate consistent messaging prescribing valuing differences to the entire organization; to where people can feel comfortable contributing thoughts and ideas and bring their full selves to work.
- Do hold managers accountable for the execution of diversity strategies and goals.