Panasonic, an industry leading manufacturer of mobile computing solutions that are purpose-built for the way people work, announced the launch of the latest version of its acclaimed FZ-G1 and FZ-M1 tablets. These fully-rugged tablets are both leaders in their categories: the FZ-G1 remains one of the world’s bestselling 10.1” tablet and the FZ-M1 is one of the lightest and thinnest in its class at just 1.27 pounds. Together, they offer the industry’s broadest range of configuration options for maximum flexibility, improved safety and greater performance for workers in demanding and extreme environments.
“The newly enhanced FZ-G1 and FZ-M1 address the evolving needs of mobile workers in rapidly changing industries, including construction, logistics, and utilities,” said Brian Rowley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America. “When work calls, Panasonic is answering – what it means to be mobile and get business done. These two devices empower customers with the competitive edge they need to work smarter and achieve more on the job today, tomorrow and well into the future.”
The FZ-G1 and FZ-M1, powered by the latest Intel Core i5-7300 vPro and i5-7Y57 vPro processors respectively, come standard with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. The FZ-M1 is equipped with a MIPI 8MP camera, while the FZ-G1 features an integrated USB camera, both offering flash capabilities to provide better value, easier ordering and shorter lead times for customers. The tablets also come standard with Windows 10 Pro.
FZ-G1 Enhanced Features
In addition to the processor upgrade, the updated FZ-G1 includes several improvements that enable enhanced mobility and security. For more secure data protection, the new infrared sensor supports Windows Hello for face, to help protect sensitive and proprietary information. With a dual pass-through external antenna, mobile workers are able to access GPS and 4G LTE Advanced data simultaneously. A payment sleeve is available for integration with the Verifone e355 device, which allows for EMV, NFC, and MSR payment acceptance and is specifically targeted for point of sales use. Additional upgraded, standard features include a 2MP front camera and newly added LED Flash for the 8MP rear camera.
FZ-G1 Configuration Options
- Seamless, wireless connectivity is imperative for the mobile workforce, and the new WWAN EM7455 module with upgraded antenna ensures unprecedented LTE speeds, bandwidth, and network performance.
- For mechanical technicians, electrical maintenance, and field technicians, a thermal camera enables temperature analysis (light edition standard, pro upgradable).
- While 256GB storage is standard, the FZ-G1 offers up to 1TB optional storage.
FZ-M1 Enhanced Features
The new FZ-M1 now includes several premium features to ensure that customers have a device that adapts to the way they do business. With a growing number of users relying on stylus inputs for signature capture, every FZ-M1 model now includes a capacitive touchscreen. Additionally, the FZ-M1 tablet now comes with a MIPI 8MP camera, 16:10 aspect ratio to offer enhanced brightness and clear AR film on all new models.
The FZ-M1 also offers a standard “bridge battery,” making it possible to hot-swap charged batteries, with no need to shut down or hibernate. Additionally, the device comes with a wide variety of accessories, including desktop docks, hand straps and carrying cases.
The FZ-M1 is a highly configurable unit and is available in six models, each with specific features designed for mobile professionals based on industry application.
Intel RealSense Model
- Includes Intel RealSense Camera with 3D technology for multiple use cases such as facial recognition, architectural design, and wound management
- Measurement analysis of depth and multi-surface areas in extreme environments, offering the smart and precise measurement needed for warehousing, utilities, manufacturing and public safety professionals
Thermal Imaging Model
- Equipped with a FLIR Lepton 3 Camera that offers infrared analysis to catch invisible thermal sources, ideal for detecting heat sources from a utility pole, power facility malfunctions or heat anomalies from different devices
- Connects with existing operating systems easily
Real-time Kinematic Model
- Provides location within 10-50 centimeters of accuracy, similar to GPS tracking
- Ideal for professionals in road construction, building construction sites and precision farming and agriculture
- Offers a passport reader with smartcard capacity and MSR functionality
Black Cabinet Model
- Offers a design and color option with the trusted ruggedness capabilities as other models
- Ideal for retail professionals looking for a sleeker design for in-store use
Built for Connectivity
All tablets are ready out-of-the-box to connect to Panasonic P.180 connectivity service network – a seamless end-to-end platform designed for organizations that rely on global connectivity. Using eSIM technology, users can enjoy pricing predictability and no roaming fees across a globe‐spanning network of more than 180 countries and nearly 25 mobile operator partnerships, with 60 fully integrated networks around the world.
Warranty and services
Every device comes with a comprehensive 3-year manufacturers hardware warranty covering all defects in materials or workmanship. With US-based engineering, help desk and repair services, devices have an average turnaround time of 48 hours once received at the Panasonic National Service Center. Also, all overnight freights are paid both ways for all in warranty repairs. Additional upgraded services are available, including Premier Deployment services, 24-hour devices exchange programs, Extended Product Warranty (4th/5th year), Ultimate Care and Protection Plus (Accidental Damage Warranties), and HDD/SSD no return Warranties.
Pricing and availability
The latest FZ-G1 and FZ-M1 are available from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2799 for FZ-G1 and $2749 for FZ-M1.