HARRISBURG, PA – August 6, 2020 – D&H Distributing, a major provider of SMB and consumer technologies to the North American high-tech channel, announces it has launched a portfolio of offerings around business continuity—a newly prominent category in light of COVID-19’s market disruptions. The distributor has created assets, tools, and marketing materials for its partners, including resource guides focused on different verticals, an MSP/VAR checklist, customizable brochures on remote work and WiFi optimization, and turn-key offerings comprising data access and security, remote device management, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, collaboration, UCaaS, desktop hardware, and more.
“Recent events have created a unique and challenging scenario for the SMB community, but the channel has stepped up, and has been learning through it all,” said Peter DiMarco, D&H’s vice president of VAR sales. “Small businesses have come to realize how imperative it is to have a contingency strategy in case of a major disruption. We need to work together to implement effective business continuity plans for these companies. D&H has developed a series of assets to help our partners keep businesses connected to their critical processes, applications, data, work centers, and networks. And this needs to apply not just to the recovery from COVID-19 restrictions, but over the long-term, to guard against future emergencies.”
D&H’s Business Continuity Initiative includes the following:
- D&H launched a dedicated mini-site at www.dandh.com/Continuity providing guidance, tips, statistics, links, and strategies. Assets focus on three main categories: Data Access and Security, Communication, and Desktop Hardware. The site outlines solutions in these areas from major partners like ASUS, Aruba, Axcient, Belkin, Brother, Cisco, Chrome, HP, Kensington, Lenovo, Lexmark, Logitech, MSI, Microsoft, RingCentral, Sophos, TP-Link, and many more.
- The company has assembled a “Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Guide,” helping partners to market solutions such as health monitoring devices like electronic no-contact thermometers and digital pulse oximeters; sanitization solutions like soap dispensers and stands for hand sanitizer stations; plus wet wipes and “clean kits.” These products will help businesses accommodate a return to safe operations in the new normal.
- The mini-site includes links to comprehensive Sales Guides, including on business continuity in the SMB space, and on education continuity. The guides provide detailed product information, strategies, solutions, and prep questions for partners, to help them succeed in establishing a proactive plan for their end-customers.
- D&H is offering an on-demand Solutions Lab webcast, “Business Continuity: Planning Now & For the Future” at www.dandh.com/solutionslab. The session includes info on how offerings from manufacturers such as Lenovo, Dell, Logitech, NETGEAR, and Intel can help MSPs safeguard their customers against potential disasters. D&H offers a wide selection of Microsoft Windows 10-powered devices, which in combination with industry-leading solutions, can help business end-clients maintain more seamless operations during future crises.
- Business Continuity will be a topic during D&H’s September THREADcast events, 9/16 in Canada and 9/30 in the US (preview on 9/29). These virtual engagements will include regular sessions and keynotes that continue to address topics such as remote networks, telework, distance learning, and enhanced home networking connectivity. www.dandh.com/threadcast, www.dandh.ca/threadcast
- Clear-cut, organized documentation of how each client’s network is run is a cornerstone of any business continuity plan. D&H’s MSP/VAR checklist helps partners create a record of the full range of vendors and critical services each client subscribes to, which will help MSPs prioritize the essential network amenities required to continue their operations during a disruptive event. It outlines everything from day-to-day tools to essential services, hardware, client devices, and communications applications like softphones and VoIP equipment.
- The distributor offers multiple Partner Services Marketing brochure templates on business continuity that can be customized with the partner’s own branding. This includes several new templates, including “Continuity Essentials: Rise Of The Remote Workforce,” “Continuity Essentials: Supporting The Hybrid & Remote Classroom,” “Work from Home Like a Pro with Lenovo,” and “Avoid Connection Issues by Optimizing WiFi with NETGEAR.”
D&H has helped many solution providers rapidly develop and deploy real-world business continuity plans. The distributor is asking its partners to share how they’ve helped end-clients adapt to the current environment or mitigate the impact of COVID-19. Those who submit earn the chance to win one of two $250 American Express gift cards.
“D&H is committed to supporting partners as they supply the nation’s healthcare facilities, educational institutions, and small companies with sophisticated business continuity technologies, helping them to adapt more seamlessly to remote and hybrid workplaces or accommodate other contingencies,” added DiMarco. “Companies may have previously viewed this level of emergency as far-fetched in the modern world. Now we all know differently. But with a robust and well-considered plan in place, businesses and the partners who serve them can be positioned to persist even in the face of considerable market and environmental anomalies.”
About D&H Distributing
D&H Distributing believes the most important element of doing business is developing relationships for mutual success, delivering superior engagement experiences to its community of partners and employee co-owners. The company continues to build upon its 100-year-old culture, providing a wealth of partner enablement resources, multi-market expertise, and consultative services. D&H maintains a focus on independent retailer and reseller partners, with a product assortment spanning consumer electronics, ProAV, digital displays, collaboration, mobility, home entertainment, smart home automation, small office/home office, video surveillance, digital imaging, PC gaming, cloud-based solutions, home and outdoor products, housewares, and sports and recreation.
The distributor is headquartered in Harrisburg, PA, in the US; and in Brampton, Ontario, and Vancouver, British Columbia, in Canada. Additional warehouses are located in Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; and Fresno, CA. Engage with D&H toll-free at (800) 877-1200, via www.dandh.com, or follow the distributor’s Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter feeds, https://www.facebook.com/DandHDistributing/, https://www.linkedin.com/company/dandhdistributing/, and @dandh.