The ASCII Success Summit touched down in Milwaukee last week, one of nine solution provider-focused conferences ASCII will host in North America in 2016.
The ASCII Group IT community is made up of a supporting network of 2,000+ MSP/VARs worldwide. ASCII provides a portfolio of IT business-building services that range from turnkey marketing campaigns to a highly utilized peer-to-peer business referral and lead network.
The pre-day events on Wednesday, April 27, started with an address by ASCII Group President Jerry Koutavas on “Opportunity Hacking: Finding New Business Online Through Set Processes.” That talk was followed by a half-day of vendor sessions on marketing, security, and network assessments.
In the evening there was an ASCII member meeting followed by a networking reception.
On Thursday, April 28, Milwaukee attendees heard presentations from ASCII members on “Adding Dental Integration to Your Managed Services Practice,” by C.J. Ezell, and “MSP Security Growth, From Start to Smart,” by Jayson Ferron.
ASCII’s Koutavas spoke on “How ASCII Makes Business Happen—Why Our Network Matters.” Attendees also heard Executive MSP Market Summaries.
The keynote was presented by Steely Dan co-founder and former Doobie Brothers musician Jeff Baxter, who now advises top military and civilian groups on counter-terrorism, next-generation and future technologies. He told attendees about his unconventional journey “From Doobie Brother to NSA Security Expert.”
Attendees also had the opportunity to browse the solutions pavilion, meet ASCII staff, and vote on vendor awards.
The Pre-Day Award Winners are as follows:
- Best Education – Vertical Axion
- Best Technical Demo – MyDigitalShield
- Best IT Workshop – Vertical Axion
Main Day Award Winners are:
- Best Rapid Pitch – OpenDNS
- Best Keynote Presentation – Datto
- Best Creativity & Innovation – Datto
- Best IT Management Tool – IT Glue
- Best Partner Incentives – Cytracom
- Best Market Opportunity – Cytracom
- Best Security Solution – MyDigitalShield
- Best Productivity Solution – iRemoteReset
- Best Storage Solution – Datto
- Best Cloud Solution – StorageCraft
- Best Revenue Generator – StorageCraft
- Best Channel Program – Cytracom
- Top Distributor – ASI
- Best Partner Involvement – Datto/ QuoteWerks/ StorageCraft
- Best of Show – Datto