The ASCII MSP Success Summit 2022 series of business-building events was held in Toronto on July 27-28, where it hosted MSPs and IT business owners for two days of education and networking at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. Sessions featured MSP-led content from both ASCII members and industry thought leaders.
Toronto was the fifth stop on the multi-city tour planned this year by The ASCII Group, a membership-based community of independent North American MSPs, MSSPs, and solution providers.
Day one of the conference started with an ASCII members meeting and was followed by presentations from Mark Wiener, president of BizCom Global, who discussed “How To Garner Larger Clients Without Managing Endpoints”; and Bradley Gross, Esq., on where MSPs are at risk when it comes to their MSA agreements. A thought leadership panel session addressed what top MSP performers are doing differently to build sales.
In addition, ASCII Group President Jerry Koutavas reported on the ASCII security committee’s latest release, “How to Vet Your MSP."
Attendees also heard vendor presentations on email security, security, business intelligence, Azure, and more. A networking reception ended the evening.
On the main day, ASCII member Stanley Louissaint (pictured ) presented, “How One MSP Hit $1M as a Solo IT Entrepreneur”; and Bradley Gross delivered part two of his legal review of MSA agreements.
Attendees also heard vendor presentations on billing, security, cyber resilience, zero trust, VoIP, and cyber insurance, and browsed the expo hall.
Keynote speaker Paul Nadeau, a world-leading hostage negotiator and criminal interrogator, ended the day with his talk on understanding human behavior to win sales.
At the conclusion of the event, the following sponsors received awards voted to them by attendees:
- Best Education (Day 1): Solutions Granted
- Best Partner Incentives (Day 1): Huntress
- Best Presentation (Day 1): Solutions Granted
- Best Rapid Pitch Presentation: DataStream
- Best New Solution: DataStream
- Most Innovative Solution: Gradient MSP
- Best Market Opportunity: Pax8
- Best Partner Support: Pax8
- Best Channel Program: Pax8
- Best Revenue Generator: ITCloud.ca
- Best Keynote Presentation: ESET
- Best Distributor: Pax8
- Best In Show: Pax8
- Best Featured Educational Session: Bradley Gross
- Best Partner Involvement: Datto, ITCloud.ca, Pax8
Next up on the ASCII MSP Success Summit tour is Miami on August 23-24. Find out more here.
Photo: Courtesy of The ASCII Group