Commvault, a leading provider of cyber resilience and data protection solutions for hybrid cloud organizations, today announced Commvault Cloud, powered by Metallic AI – a new, unique platform that is changing the game in how IT and security teams can radically improve cyber resilience in an era of non-stop ransomware and malicious cyberattacks.
Commvault Cloud unifies all of the company’s SaaS and software offerings on one platform, where visibility and control can be managed holistically via a single pane of glass. But Commvault Cloud goes much further. This new platform is purpose-built for cyber resilience, designed to enable users to predict threats faster, make clean recoveries, and accelerate threat response times – all at the lowest possible TCO. And, with Commvault Cloud’s unique architecture, customers can secure and recover their data, across any workload, any infrastructure, and from any location to any location.
The need for modern cyber resilience has never been greater. If, for example, an organization is unable to recover from an attack in a matter of hours, that can directly impact brand reputations and customer loyalty. Yet, according to a recent IDC research study of more than 500 ITOps and SecOps respondents, 59% expect a cyber recovery to take days or weeks, which is unacceptable when trying to keep businesses up and running.
“Achieving enterprise-grade cyber resilience is more than building taller walls or deeper moats. It requires a new approach that looks holistically across the entire landscape, from best-in-class data protection and security to AI-powered data intelligence and lightning-fast recovery,” said Sanjay Mirchandani, President and CEO, Commvault. “With these advanced capabilities and a rich and growing partner ecosystem, our unique and consolidated platform is the new standard in cyber resilience.”
Advancing Cyber Resilience and Data Intelligence with AI and Commvault Cloud
Commvault is introducing innovations that can help customers realize the full benefits of AI and improve cyber resilience. And, unlike others that use AI to simply generate content, Commvault is using AI in a way that can help customers take action. Here is how it works.
With Commvault Cloud users will have access to Arlie – short for “Autonomous Resilience” – a new AI co-pilot that is at their beck and call 24/7 and can respond to inquiries in plain, simple language. But behind the scenes, a lot more is taking place. Arlie will interface with generative AI models that not only consolidate information and reports, but provide users with personalized actionable responses. For example, users may be able to use Arlie to verify or validate a clean point of recovery for critical systems, or generate requested code in seconds.
Arlie will integrate on the backend with Azure OpenAI Service. New AI-enabled capabilities that support this type of personal/human interaction within Commvault Cloud will include:
- Active insights: Gives users real-time threat analysis and report summaries showing the latest information about their cyber resiliency health, removing the need to sift through filters and reports to prioritize the most pressing information.
- Code assistance: Offers a “no-code” way to build an integration or code an action: users simply type a description of what they want to do, and the code assistant will generate the code on the spot.
- Custom walk-throughs: Provides context-sensitive, guided product walk-throughs that make it easy for users to set-up, customize, and tune Commvault Cloud to their specifications. They simply ask “how to” questions and receive step-by-step documentation with annotated screenshots.
- Root cause remediation: Constantly monitors the performance of Commvault Cloud using generative AI to find issues and offer real-time recommendations on how to optimize cyber resilience.
Commvault is also announcing AI and security advancements that are coded directly into Commvault Cloud and “show up” as intelligent insights baked into daily workflows. Capabilities that match this description include:
- Advanced threat prediction: Utilizes real-time predictive threat analysis to find AI-driven ransomware, including detection of shape-shifting AI malware, before they impact customers’ backups and ability to recover cleanly.
- Cloudburst Recovery: Improves business continuity by utilizing infrastructure-as-code and cloud-scaling to automate rapid and frictionless recovery of data to any location. Users benefit from exceptional portability, as well as a low TCO as a result of the accelerated process.
“Organizations rely heavily on their digital data to keep the operations running efficiently and customer services functional. This is why ransomware is so disruptive,” said Jennifer Glenn, Research Director for IDC Security and Trust Group. “Whether on-premises, in the cloud or hybrid, the need for modern, AI-supported cyber resilience, such as Commvault’s offering, are incredibly important for today’s businesses.”
Advancing Clean Recoveries with Commvault Cloud and Microsoft Azure
After a cyberattack, having a clean backup is critical, and so is having a clean location for recovery. That’s why Commvault is announcing Cleanroom Recovery. With Commvault Cloud, and in collaboration with Microsoft Azure, customers can use this service to recover to a cleanroom in the cloud “at the ready,” helping to ensure rapid, frictionless, and reliable recoveries. This offering is great for customers that want to conduct incident response testing on a routine basis.
Commvault Cloud Goes Platinum
Commvault is introducing Platinum Resilience, a fully managed service that provides unmatched protection, engagement, and responsiveness to cybersecurity threats and disaster situations. This service, which is being introduced to select customers as part of an early access preview program with full availability planned in early CY 2024, provides the following:
- Everything from A-Z: Enterprise-grade backup and recovery, advanced AI driven automation, cyber deception, recovery testing and readiness checks, advanced reporting, security audits, custom telemetry, and so much more.
- A dedicated, secured, isolated control plane: For powerful and comprehensive hybrid data protection and resilience, with the ease of use of the cloud.
- A ransomware readiness and response team available 24×7: To optimize everything from setup to ongoing testing and validation to recovery upon a cyber event.
Commvault is so confident that Platinum Resilience offers the best in end-to-end cyber resilience, it comes with the Commvault Protection Warranty to give everyone from IT managers to board members peace of mind that recovery from an attack is guaranteed.