Tripp Lite Touts Cable Management Features of New NetCommander KVM Switches
Company says NetCommander Cat5 KVM switches with VGA monitors and IP access options help ensure “efficient server management.”
Tripp Lite has added two new models to its popular line of rackmount console KVM switches: the B070-016-19-IP and the B070-016-19.
Tripp Lite says the new NetCommander CAT5 console KVM switches “provide easy cable management by utilizing inexpensive Cat5 patch cables.”
Both models combine a large 19-inch monitor with a keyboard, a mouse, and a 16-port KVM switch in a compact, slide-out 1U rackmountable housing.
The B070-016-19-IP features built-in IP capability for remote system monitoring and control from any location. It also supports high security standards for encryption (128-bit SSL and HTTPS).
“For SMBs, efficient server management is a critical function,” says David Posner, product manager of Tripp Lite’s cables and connectivity division. “Server problems can have an adverse-and expensive-impact on productivity.”
Posner says the new B070-series KVM switches give enterprise IT managers a “simple, flexible, space-saving” server management solution with cable management† features “plus the option of IP capability.”
The B070-016-19 is IP upgradable, with the addition of an IP remote unit available separately. The B070-016-19-IP does not support MAC over IP.
Key features of the B070 series include:
- USB and PS/2 interface units and Cat5/Cat6 patch cables manage servers up to 100 feet from the KVM switch
- Supports a wide variety of software platforms, including Mac, DOS, Windows (95/98/SE/NT/2000/ME/XP/Server2003/Vista/7), Linux, Unix, Sun (USB only), and BSD
- Controls up to 256 servers via cascading additional B072-series KVM switches
- Provides simple switching between servers via on-screen display menu or hot key commands
- Employs multi-level password security