ZyXEL Communications has introduced its next-generation NXC5500 Wireless LAN (WLAN) controller and its NWA5301NJ wall-plate Unified Wi-Fi Access Point (AP). The scalable WLAN, paired with the AP, allows hospitality providers to offer guests the latest in-room Wi-Fi services in a non-obtrusive way.
“Businesses including healthcare, hospitality, multi-tenant facilities, and education institutions are upgrading their wireless infrastructure to keep up with the relentless demand Wi-Fi and mobility,” says Steven Joe, executive vice president for channel business at ZyXEL. “ZyXEL’s latest additions to its Pro-Wireless line of solutions will equip budget conscious mid-size businesses, and the solution providers serving them, with a high performances and a reliable solution.”
The rising BYOD trend means added pressure on the network, as it must now serve more users who often carry multiple devices. According to ZyXEL, the NXC500 solves this challenge, enabling organizations to build a robust network that supports up to 16,000 concurrent devices without compromising performance. Delivering non-stop Wi-Fi service and WLAN optimization for large-scale Wi-Fi networks, the NXC5500 supports up to 512 APs, is equipped with the latest ZLD V4.10 firmware, and offers worry-free network management capabilities.
The ZyXEL NXC5500 Wireless LAN (WLAN) controller features include:
- Auto Healing -- The NXC5500 Auto Healing function automates several management tasks including network monitoring, AP status checks, and troubleshooting coverage issues
- Client Steering – The NXC5500 is equipped with a Client Steering function that utilizes band select and signal threshold settings. Band select establishes 5 GHz as the default frequency band for dual-band devices, allowing users to avoid the heavily trafficked 2.4 GHz band and get the expected higher throughput of high-end devices with 802.11n or 802.11ac support. The NXC5500 is also able to maintain network-wide Wi-Fi quality by use of a signal threshold function that directs the client device to the AP offering the optimal signal strength
In typical hotel and Multi-Tenant Unit (MTU) Wi-Fi deployments, APs are placed in hallways and hidden plenum spaces to prevent theft and design conflicts, which can disrupt Wi-Fi services and negatively impact the customer experience. ZyXEL’s NWA5301-NJ boasts a sleek wall-plate form-factor, offering a solution for in-room Wi-Fi services that does not impact performance. The new AP integrates Wi-Fi, Ethernet and phone connectivity in one box, offers PoE (Power over Ethernet) “in and out” support for easy installation, and can be deployed as a stand-alone AP or a controller-managed AP compatible with ZyXEL’s full line of WLAN controllers.
The NWA5301-NJ wall plate AP features include:
- Back panel design that fits the majority of outlet boxes in the world
- 300Mpbs 802.11n Wi-Fi with high-gain antenna
- Extended phone and IPTV services with integrated interface
- RJ-45, PoE and PJ-48 phone pass-through ports to connect different devices including laptops, printers, set-top boxes, VoIP phones, and more
ZyXEL NXC5500 WLAN controller and the NWA5301-NJ wall-plate AP are available now, through all ZyXEL authorized partners. MSRP for the NXC5500 is $3399 while the NWA5301-NJ MSRP is $139.