Zenith Infotech Integrates with Autotask PSA Solution
New open API structure gives partners flexibility when leveraging professional services automation software for their managed services practice.
By Akash Saraf
Warrendale, Pa.-based Zenith Infotech, a provider of backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and remote monitoring and management (RMM) solutions for managed services providers, announced the integration of its SAAZ RMM tool with the hosted professional services automation (PSA) application from Autotask Corporation. Autotask is the first company to write to Zenith Infotech's new open application programming interface (API), which enables integration with complementary third-party software applications.
Zenith SAAZ's integration with Autotask's IT Service Management platform gives managed service providers deeper insight into their client networks and automates their business processes including:
- Asset Discovery--Data imports from Zenith SAAZ directly into Autotask configuration records.
- Contract and Invoice Management--As the number of devices monitored changes, Zenith SAAZ automatically updates this information within Autotask, ensuring more accurate agreements and billing.
- Remote Access--A link to Zenith SAAZ from within the Autotask console enables solution providers to remotely log in to devices efficiently and conveniently.
- True Ticket/Alert Synchronization that allows:
* Automatic creation of tickets/alerts initiated from Zenith SAAZ to appear in Autotask
* Automatic creation of tickets initiated from Autotask and assigned to Zenith to appear in Zenith SAAZ
* Updates to tickets in either system are automatically updated in the other system
* Round-trip ticket closure
- Help Desk Support--Integration supports Zenith Infotech's Virtual Service Desk offering
Autotask is providing this integration at no additional cost to their managed services providers and other customers. With this integration Autotask partners will have a more detailed view of end-customer information and can automate many tasks associated with servicing their end clients.
"Our mutual customers have been asking for this integration for a long time, and we are thrilled that we can finally deliver this for them thanks to the new Zenith API," says Autotask CEO Bob Godgart. "Autotask has become the leading PSA solution in the cloud by integrating our software with the other tools used by our customers in the IT services ecosystem. We are pleased and proud to add Zenith to our stable of integration partners."
"Managed services providers must transform their role from that of purely technology consultant to one that is more of a business technology advisor if they want to attain long-term success," notes Zenith Infotech CEO Akash Saraf. "It's not enough to know what systems their end users need to run their businesses--it's easy to figure out how many servers you need to support the number of people in the company--instead they need to know how and why the technologies are used if they want to show real value. Through our new open API, we are providing the platform by which other managed service software publishers can share data and empower our mutual partners to improve their understanding of their end clients' businesses."
AKASH SARAF is CEO of Zenith Infotech.