Barracuda, a trusted partner and leading provider of cloud-enabled security solutions, today released key findings from a report titled Cloud networks: Shifting into hyperdrive. Commissioned by Barracuda, the research surveyed global IT decision makers to capture their attitudes and opinions about public cloud, access constraints, security concerns, emerging solutions, and a variety of related topics.
Read the full report: www.barracuda.com/sase-report
The survey, conducted by independent market researcher Censuswide, includes responses from 800 executives, individual contributors, and team managers with responsibility for their organization's cloud infrastructure. They came from organizations of all sizes in EMEA and the US, across a broad range of industries, including construction, education, finance, healthcare, technology, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and others.
Overall, the findings indicate that although IT professionals are gaining confidence in the cloud, organizations face growing constraints when it comes to cloud access. Highlights from the report include:
- IT professionals are gaining confidence in the cloud.
- More than three-quarters of respondents use multiple cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Nearly 80% say their organization has deployed an Azure-based network.
- Organizations face growing constraints when it comes to cloud access.
- 56% of respondents are struggling to ensure seamless availability and "always-on" access to cloud applications for their organizations.
- Nearly 70% experience latency and performance issues running SaaS workloads, such as Office 365.
- Current network infrastructure is growing increasingly costly.
- More than 70% of respondents are using traditional access methods, such as MPLS, in their organization's network.
- More than 60% say their MPLS costs increase heavily due to seasonal workload peaks.
- IT professionals are looking for easier and more economical connectivity.
- More than 70% of respondents have plans to implement an SD-WAN solution in the next 12 months to address cloud-connectivity issues.
- At the same time, nearly 60% say their organization is hesitant to adopt an SD-WAN solution because of fears that they are complex and expensive.
"As organizations continue to radically transform their infrastructures and rely more on the public cloud, they are uncovering new connectivity and security challenges," said Klaus Gheri, VP, Network Security, Barracuda. "But by embracing highly-flexible secure access service edge (SASE) solutions, organizations of all sizes and types can improve connectivity, simplify management, and strengthen security."
Download the full report: www.barracuda.com/sase-report
Download Future Shock: The Cloud Is the New Network: https://www.barracuda.com/cloud-market
Download Secure SD-WAN: The Launch Pad Into Cloud: https://www.barracuda.com/sdwan-report-2020
Read the blog post: http://cuda.co/43178
At Barracuda we strive to make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers' journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level. For more information, visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks, Inc.