Heartland Tech Groups Launch HTG 2.0 Peer Group Program
Leading IT industry Peer Group community conducts first 2009 meeting and produces impressive list of accomplishments
DALLAS, TX - Feb. 3, 2009 - Heartland Tech Groups (HTG), a leading provider of peer group programs for the IT solution provider industry, announced the successful launch of its HTG 2.0 program and the conclusion of its first quarter meetings held January 26-30 in Dallas, Texas. The HTG program and peer group meetings bring together the best technology partners from across the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
"Our members and leadership team have brought HTG to a new level in terms of value, execution, and opportunity. The peer group model helps our members deal with challenging economic times. Our recent meeting produced a number of firsts that we can build on going forward into 2009," said Arlin Sorensen, founder of HTG.
- First time all U.S.-based groups met simultaneously in one venue
- First time all sponsors met with the membership in one venue
- First time an HTG ALL meeting was held to update attending members about HTG activities, programs, and accomplishments
- First time presentations were made by Platinum sponsors ConnectWise and Zenith Infotech
- First time announcement of new research study on the impact of peer groups by the University of Nebraska Kearney
- First time face-to-face meetings for HTG leadership team, board of directors and facilitator training
- First time face-to-face meetings with Platinum and Gold vendor sponsors to discuss partner programs
- First face-to-face meeting of the HTG Platinum Vendor Advisory Council
- First look at new HTG SharePoint portal scheduled for release on March 1
- First sales management and service management breakout tracks with members from multiple HTG groups
- First Application Development group meeting
- First vertical market breakouts for Healthcare and Financial Services
Heartland Tech Groups were founded by Arlin Sorensen in 2001 to bring Iowa-based IT partners together to leverage each other's talents following the post-dotcom downturn.Â Over the years, HTG has grown from a purchasing group to a serious group of business owners, sales professionals, marketing managers, and senior management of IT firms in non-competing geographies who meet for two days each quarter to work on key businesses issues and opportunities for growth.
HTG member firms focus on execution and holding other members accountable for business commitments and achieving goals. For more information and to apply for membership as an HTG member, visit http://www.htgmembers.com. Groups are forming now.