Motherboard manufacturer GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. has unveiled GA-990FX-Gaming and GA-970-Gaming motherboards based on the highly anticipated AMD 970 and 990FX + SB950 chipsets and compatible with the latest AMD socket AM3+ high performance processors.
- USB 3.1 Gen.2, with transfer speeds up to 10 Gb/s, is available via USB Standard-A port and the reversible USB Type-C.
- Support for 2 AMD graphics card in Crossfire configurations, the PCIe lane configuration of the 990FX-Gaming allows users to benefit from either AMD 2-way Crossfire or NVIDIA 2-way SLI technology.
- PCIe Gen2 x4 M.2 connectors with up to 20Gb/s data transfer (Includes PCIe NVMe and SATA SSD support).
- AMP-UP audio technology featuring upgradable OP-AMP, two USB DAC-UP, and a Realtek ALC 1150 audio processor with 115dB SNR HD audio support. GIGABYTE motherboards also include LED lighting for the audio trace path, providing a custom look to the rig.
- PCIe metal shield, a one-piece stainless steel shielding to reinforce the PCIe connectors to provide extra strength to support heavy graphics cards.
- Killer E2201, a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that boasts better online gaming and online media performance.
For more information on the GA-990FX-Gaming and GA-970-Gaming motherboards, visit http://www.gigabyte.us/.