- The lightest-ever Fujitsu notebook, LIFEBOOK U937, offers maximum ultra-mobile portability
- International edition of flagship LIFEBOOK model weighs just two pounds, yet delivers all-day battery performance plus embedded biometric authentication and full connectivity
Fujitsu America, Inc. today introduces its new flagship notebook - Fujitsu Notebook LIFEBOOK® U937 – in North America. With a starting weight under two pounds (1.76 lbs, 799 grams), the lightest ever ultra-mobile model in the Fujitsu line-up joins an exclusive club of sub-1kg 13.3-inch clamshell notebooks that can also provide up to 15.5 hours of battery performance.
The LIFEBOOK U937 is no lightweight when it comes to performance, power and connectivity. It features the latest, 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, solid-state drives, and runs Microsoft Windows® 10 Pro, making it the perfect choice for the busy executive who needs more than a tablet while on the move. With a full-size keyboard, choice of black or red colors, and 13.3-inch FHD display with optional touchscreen, the LIFEBOOK U937 provides the freedom to work anywhere, anytime.
Nor is there any compromise on security for the LIFEBOOK U937, with biometric security included as standard, with the choice of either fingerprint reader or palm vein authentication. Further protection comes with an integrated SmartCard reader and enterprise-class TPM 2.0 encryption. A solid magnesium housing ensures the 15.5mm thin LIFEBOOK U937 is tough on the outside, too.
In many cases, shorter battery life, lower performance or limited connectivity – for example the necessity of using dongles for external ports – have been the trade-offs for a lightweight notebook. There is no need to make these compromises with the LIFEBOOK U937, with up to 15.5 hours of battery life and boasts a full set of interfaces including full-size LAN and HDMI connector, plus embedded WLAN connectivity and Bluetooth®. For additional convenience, Fujitsu also offers a USB Type-C® port replicator, allowing connection to an external display, mouse, keyboard, and other peripherals.
Kevin Wrenn, senior vice president, Fujitsu America, Inc., said: "Previously, CIOs had to balance weight, performance, battery life and security when selecting notebooks for their staff. The new LIFEBOOK U937 was purpose-built to deliver these first-rate features in a 13.3-inch clamshell notebook, so IT executives can deliver powerful notebooks that offer the freedom to work from anywhere, anytime. Weighing in well under two pounds, the new flagship LIFEBOOK model is equipped with best-in-class components and biometric security as a standard, as well as a battery that can easily last throughout standard and extended workdays."
The first shipments of LIFEBOOK U937 models are expected in North America on May 16, 2017
Notes to editors
Weight varies according to system configuration.
Key features of the LIFEBOOK U937 include:
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ processor
- Ergonomic anti-glare, 13.3-inch FHD display with an optional touchscreen
- PCIe interface in order to process data faster
- Best-in-class connectivity with embedded WLAN, Bluetooth
- Super secure, biometric authentication with either embedded palm vein technology or fingerprint sensor and Integrated SmartCard reader
- Up to 15.5 hours battery runtime
- USB Type-C port replicator facilitates workplace sharing
- Full-sized interfaces eliminate the need for adapters
- Solid magnesium housing ensures durability
- Ultra lightweight, starting from 799g and only 15.5 mm thin
- Find out more on our Website: http://www.shopfujitsu.com/view/lifebook-u937-notebook
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fujitsu
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://fujitsu.com/us and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, LIFEBOOK, and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Bluetooth js a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. in the United States and other countries. USB Type-C is a trademark or registered trademark of the USB Implementers Forum, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Fujitsu America, Inc.