The ChannelPro Network’s Cybersecurity Online Summit: Next Gen Now, a live, single-day event held on July 18, gathered industry experts to discuss the latest cybersecurity trends, such as the impact of AI and biometrics, BDR best practices, and how MSPs, VARs, and consultants who serve small and medium-size businesses can keep themselves and their clients safer from internal and external threats.
The virtual event was the third of this year’s four online summits featuring leading channel professionals addressing top-of-mind issues and the latest developments in cybersecurity, cloud, and managed services. All online events offer a virtual expo hall and the ability to interact live with sponsors.
“ChannelPro’s Cybersecurity Online Summit featured powerhouse panels discussing issues that are trending right now, including how ChatGPT and other AI and machine learning tools can not only help fight the cybercriminals but make MSPs more efficient on the day to day,” says Michael Siggins, president and publisher of The ChannelPro Network. “Like all our events this year, both in-person and online, the Cybersecurity Online Summit delivered compelling content designed to keep our audience informed on the latest opportunities and trends they need to grow their businesses and help their customers.”
The July 18 summit featured the following sessions:
- Detecting and Dealing with Insider Threats - Security experts Ian Thornton-Trump and Rory Sanchez discussed how to detect the warning signs of an insider threat—whether that threat actor has malicious intent or unintentionally caused a vulnerability. They also covered how to mitigate and reduce such threats with tools and security awareness education.
- The Five Types of Biometric Worker: Identity in the Digitized Office - In this fireside chat, FindBiometrics (a sister site of ChannelPro) editor Peter Counter and Danielle VanZandt, industry manager of security, commercial and public safety for Frost & Sullivan, explored five distinct workplace scenarios and how readily available biometrics and digital ID solutions can enable security, safety, efficiency, and success.
- AI and Cybersecurity Tools - Managed service providers Corey Kirkendoll, Anthony Oren, Malik Khan explored the impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning on the future of cybersecurity. Their discussion included the potential of AI to thwart cyberattacks, the role humans will need to play now and in the future, how to choose tools for your cybersecurity stack that leverage AI and ML, and what the limitations of AI might be.
- Strategies for Protecting Backups from Cyberthieves - Panelists David Javaheri, Dawn Sizer, Mike Bloomfield outlines strategies to protect backups from ransomware along with good backup and recovery practices that you should always have in place.
Coming up on August 10 in Parsippany, N.J., is the ChannelPro SMB Forum, a one-day in-person event jam packed with sessions including:
- AI tools to increase productivity
- Building your business for the ups and downs in the economy
- New recurring revenue streams you won’t want to miss out on
- Keeping your MSP out of court
- Getting to your next million in revenue!
To register, go here.
Additional dates and locations for the 2023 ChannelPro SMB Forum tour are:
- Boston (New England) – Sept. 7
- Atlanta (Southeast) – Oct. 11
And the brand-new ChannelPro Defend: SMB Cybersecurity Strategies for IT Solution Providers, a conference in collaboration with CompTIA, is scheduled for November 1-2 in Southern California. To register, go here.
ChannelPro wraps up its events with an online summit on Dec. 6 - Managed Services and Cloud: Operational Excellence.
For information on all upcoming ChannelPro events go to ChannelProEvents.com