BIOSTAR has released the A88MQ motherboard based on the new AMD FM2+ socket design that supports AMD Multi-Core (x4, x2) socket FM2+/FM2 processors and AMD A-series/ E2-series processors all in a micro ATX form factor.
Using the AMD A88X Chipset, the A88MQ includes 4 DIMM slots supporting DDR3 RAM up to 64GB. It uses the newest SATA3 6Gb/s bus which is twice the speed of previous SATA2. There is also support for AMD Dual Graphics Technology.
The A88MQ also offers users the “6+ Experience”:
- Audio+ includes extensive audio features with True Blu-Ray Audio and SPDIF out.
- Video+ features support for full HDMI 3D 1080p and a Dual-Link DVI port for resolutions up to 2560×1600.
- Speed+ includes support for SmartSpeedLAN, which is a free software application that monitors and manages user’s PC’s network behavior. There is also Charger Booster, a charger solution for Apple devices such as iPads and iPhones.
- Protection+ gives ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) protection for I/O panels. There is also USB Polyswitch which is an on board power fuse to prevent USB port failures.
- Durability+ includes 100% solid capacitors with armor-plated Biostar Technology. There is also the 5-phase Power Phase Design (VRM) with high quality power components such as low RDS (on) Mosfets for lower temperatures and raising the overclocking ability.
- DIY+ features include UEFI BIOS stands for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and BIO-Remote 2 for a better home theater environment. Rapid Switch 2, engineered by BIOSTAR, is an onboard switch that allows users to shut down and restart the system, and Rapid Debug 2 is an onboard LED indicator that shows six kinds of messages -- CPU power, MB power, CPU, memory, and PCI-E, SATA for error states. Lastly, users have the Header Zone offering easy assembly with simple-swap data discs and other accessories.
For more on the A88MQ motherboard, visit: www.biostar.com.