Enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, AirWatch by VMware, has updated AirWatch Secure Content Locker to include several new features, such as an Outlook plugin for email distribution of content, social feeds for users, and data analytics for IT administrators, allowing organizations to easily manage content across desktop and mobile devices.
AirWatch Secure Content Locker provides flexible content storage, enterprise-grade security, data loss prevention (DLP), file syncing and sharing, editing, annotation, and analytics to deliver the right content to the right people, virtually anytime, anywhere, on any device.
User experience enhancements include:
- Outlook plugin for sharing Secure Content Locker files through links to prevent data loss
- Social feed on personal content for users to create and track conversations for easy collaboration
- Collaboration on documents without requiring downloads
- Desktop sync to send content from the desktop directly to Secure Content Locker
- Tracking for when a user adds, deletes, moves, renames, or restores a file or folder
- Transfer ownership of content and ability to leave shared folders if uninterested
Administrative enhancements include:
- Dashboard analytics to quickly view content status, missing required content, most and least viewed content, and adoption of personal content
- Optimized support for automatic downloads
- Support for additional file types such as WAV, RAR, and ZIP
Mobile application enhancements include:
- iOS 2.3 application update supports file creation, recent activity feed, two-way sync with OneDrive and Google Drive, search engagements, required content delivery from administrator, and security enhancements.
- Android 2.1 application update will include a user interface overhaul of file actions for a more intuitive flow, support bulk actions, folder sharing, and feature content.
- Windows Phone 1.2 application updates will support folder and file sharing, one-tap actions for documents, repository improvements, saving encrypted or unencrypted email attachments and run on Windows 8.1. These three platform updates will be available in next few weeks, pending approval from the respective application store.
Secure Content Locker can be deployed on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 8 devices. Additionally, the AirWatch Secure Content Locker Sync (desktop client) is available for Mac OS and Windows PC computers.