Cloud connectivity and mobile communications solutions provider ADTRAN Inc. has added four new IP phones to its VoIP portfolio. The new models each feature Polycom Powered technology and can be deployed on both hosted- and premises-based communications networks.
According to ADTRAN, the new phones employ its NetVanta UC call control, enabling SMBs to upgrade to “the latest and most advanced VoIP technologies while maintaining the way they communicate within their business.”
The VVX 300/310 and the VVX 400/410 are designed to offer intuitive user interfaces, with the ability to interact with third-party Web applications. Their uses range from the entry-level business media phone to mid-range phone with advanced call-handling ideal.
“ADTRAN’s market position in both UC call control for the premises and IP business gateways for hosted voice services gives us unique insight into our customer’s communications needs,” says Bob Locklear, ADTRAN’s director of product management, enterprise networks division. “Combined with flexible deployment options, these new endpoints can reach more customers and add to a complete IP phone portfolio that meets the needs of today’s unified communications applications.”
Features of the VVX 300/310 and the VVX 400/410 phones include:
- Modern Design—Large screens with an intuitive user interface and programmable line keys.
- Reduced Costs—Phones can be deployed on existing networks with open SIP-based call control platforms.
- Simplified Administration—Zero-touch provisioning and a Web-based configuration tool to easily administer, upgrade, and maintain.
- Integration—Third-party applications enable the receiving of such information as weather, sports, and stocks, plus integration with other business and UC&C applications.
- Plug-Ins—Modules offer more programmable line keys for power users, including the Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module (available in high-resolution LCD with 28 illuminated bi-color programmable line keys) and the Polycom VVX Expansion Module (featuring 40 programmable line keys).
- Expansion—Each VVX phone can support up to three expansion modules.
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface—Available in the VVX 310 and VVX 410.