NETGEAR, Inc., the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), is expanding its emerging family of Insight managed†Smart Cloud Switches†with two new 28-port models offering greater capacity for growing businesses. Currently available as a mobile app, the remote setup, monitoring and management features of the†Insight management solution†will also become available in mid-February through the new NETGEAR Insight Cloud web portal, providing the benefit of a larger display screen for a single-pane view of all devices and locations.
As an honoree in the 2018 CES Innovation Awards competition for excellence in design and engineering, the NETGEAR Insight management solution is a progressive way to instantly discover, configure, and continuously monitor and manage your network. Designed for easy remote management of NETGEAR†Smart Cloud Wireless Access Points, Smart Cloud switches†and†ReadyNAS Network Storage, Insight will now also provide support for the†Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System†for small businesses as of the update in mid-February.
“NETGEAR Insight Managed devices have the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of any remote/cloud manageable networking devices in the industry,” Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR, affirmed. “Businesses benefit from plug-and-play setup and management without the cost of an additional network management device or contracted IT service. There is no complex software, or on-premise cloud server to purchase and maintain and there are no exorbitant long-term licensing fees.”
Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches for Versatility and Lowest TCO
The two new 28-Port Smart Cloud Switches join four additional†NETGEAR Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches†launched in Fall 2017, the industry’s first fully-integrated, cloud-manageable network switches for SMB.
All Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches support a full suite of advanced switching features and are ready to grow with your business to meet the needs of a fully converged network. Some of the advanced switching features include:
- VLANs (including Auto-VoIP & Auto-Video) and LLDP support
- Port trunking / Link aggregation and IGMP snooping
- QoS and priority queuing, port-based rate limiting, STP/RSTP and loop prevention
- ACLs, storm control and port mirroring
- Advanced per-port PoE controls, scheduling, and timers (PoE models)
- IPv6 management and support for future-proofing your network
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing for optimizing your network outgoing traffic (28-port models only)
The Insight Managed switches are easy to set up, as you need only to plug the switch into your network and the Internet and discover with the Insight app. You can then set up policies across switches without configuring each separately. Through Insight, you see what’s connected on each switch port, port speeds, and can remotely manage PoE power including enabling and disabling PD devices from anywhere, anytime.
Two Interface Options for NETGEAR Insight
The new NETGEAR Insight solution provides a unified, single-pane-of-glass view of your NETGEAR Insight network devices with easy access to both product information and support. It is the answer to the once tedious setup and configuration of devices either in individual device GUI silos or via overwhelming device management tools created for complex enterprise networks. Insight changes the paradigm with its simple multi-device configuration and cloud-based remote access to empower small businesses to manage devices from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is available as either a mobile app for iOS and Android devices or as a Cloud web portal accessible from any internet-connected web browser. Key features covered in the Basic subscription plan include:
- Unified wired/wireless network management with data usage monitoring and logs
- Remote access with 24/7 visibility and control of all Insight Managed devices in your network
- Instant automated discovery of select NETGEAR devices and all Insight Managed devices
- One-tap device registration to simplify and streamline access to NETGEAR support options
- Easy-to-use network configuration across devices using your mobile device
- Firmware updates across all Insight Managed devices in the network
- Full remote/cloud network monitoring and management with no additional cloud controller, appliance, or PC/server necessary
- Email and instant push notifications and warnings on your network and device connectivity and network health
- Easy click-through to NETGEAR support for your registered devices
The Premium subscription plan also includes Insight Cloud web portal access, Smart WiFi management, WiFi fast roaming, PoE scheduling and timers, and many more useful features.
All NETGEAR Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches include a 5-year Limited Hardware Warranty, Next Business Day replacement, and free technical support.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Insight management solution is available in two subscription plans covering all Insight Managed switches, access points, NAS and Orbi Pro.
- Insight Basic†is available for the Insight app only, which can be downloaded from the AppleÆ App Store℠ and Google Play. Insight Basic is free for up to two devices, after which it’s available for a yearly subscription of $4.99 per device.
- Insight Premium†covers the Insight app as well as the Insight Cloud web portal which is accessible from any web browser connected to the internet. It also gives access to Insight advanced features such as Smart WiFi roaming, PoE scheduling, and more. Insight Premium has a monthly per-device subscription of $0.99 or a yearly per-device subscription of $9.99.
The new Insight Cloud web portal is ideal for configuring larger port-count switches, such as these two new 28-port Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches. The†NETGEAR Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch (GC728X)†and†PoE+ edition (GC728XP)†will begin shipping in February but can be pre-ordered through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and ecommerce sites. Regional variance may apply to the final pricing for end customers depending on the reseller and bundled offerings.
- Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports (GC728X)†— $329.99
- Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports (GC728XP)†— $599.99