dinCloud, a cloud services provider that helps organizations migrate to the cloud through business provisioning, has introduced dinSQL, its new hosted SQL Server offering. dinCloud’s database hosting platform enables businesses to host their SQL Server databases in the cloud via a virtual private data center, either as a primary site or as a backup in a business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) scenario. dinSQL supports Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, and the 2005 version, which ceases extended support in April 2016. These editions can be delivered as a hybrid solution for those with a current on premises environment or migrated to the cloud and setup for BC/DR.
dinSQL is designed to help organizations currently running SQL Server 2014 on-premises achieve high availability via the cloud. The company’s High Availability (HA) service includes several SQL Server bundles for SQL 2012, 2014, and upcoming versions.
dinSQL provides database servers and the related infrastructure in a secure, SSAE16 SOC 2 Type II compliant virtual private data center and also offers:
- Real-time provisioning – Allows users to add on BC/DR or scale resources to accommodate data growth.
- Increased resilience – Helps businesses avoid downtime during critical high traffic and peak sales times. Distributed, dual-active resources protect against server and data center failure.
- Data Protection – Includes added security measures such as a dedicated firewall and SSL gateway, daily system level backups, two-factor authentication, A/V malware protection, and data encryption.
- SQL Server 2005 Migration Help – For companies requiring SQL Server 2005 migration help, dinCloud provides configuration and managed services to help organizations running legacy editions of SQL Server prolong the life of their applications.
- Pay per Usage – Allows companies to pay only for the databases and resources they require.
“Running an IT environment is getting more complex. Add to that the requirements of a SQL Server database – a cloud based service can adapt to the needs of the client in a smoother and more reliable manner,” says Ali Din, SVP & CMO at dinCloud. “We want to make managing SQL Server easier – whether it is SQL upgrades, BC/DR enablement, migrating databases from an aging SQL platform, or optimizing a database.”