Health monitoring connectivity solutions provider ConnectedHealth is looking to provide the healthcare vertical with mobile solution for today’s medical needs. Its Nursing Manager Application (NMA), paired with its Secure Medical Tablet provides an automated method for collecting medical information from patients.
The ConnectedHealth NMA automates the capture of data from medical such devices as glucose meters, weighing scales, blood pressure monitors, and pulse oximeters via Bluetooth technology.† In a typical deployment example, ConnectedHealth’s NMA would be used in a nursing center or nursing home that has one nurse taking measurements for multiple patients.
Running on ConnectedHealth’s Android Medical Tablet, the NMA provides a robust and secure platform to ensure patient security and privacy. The system supports advanced biometrics and a secure boot environment, providing a mechanism for clinicians to safely and securely capture and store critical patient information.
The NMA supports Continua-compliant devices as well as proprietary devices.†
According to ConnectedHealth CEO Mike Holt, the eHealth platform “improves patient outcomes and reduces health care costs.” He adds, “With our new secure tablet-based nursing manager application, nurses can ensure patient measurements are automatically and securely transferred to hospital health care systems for access by care givers.”
Using the Nursing Manager Application, clinicians/nurses can:
- Automatically capture data from medical devices and transfer the data to the ConnectedHealth eHealth Platform.†
- Review historical data utilizing a standalone ConnectedHealth Dashboard application.
- Register patient details and capture a patient image and biometric data.
- Validate nurse/clinician access using two-factor authentication (finger print and NFC card).
- Utilize finger print recognition to validate patient identity prior to capturing data.
ConnectedHealth’s NMA and Secure Medical Tablet are available now.†Pricing for the Secure Medical Tablet with NMA begins at $500, with a monthly software subscription fee. †