The new version adds ease-of-use and deployment enhancements.
GFI Software, of Clearwater, Fla., has launched GFI VIPRE Antivirus Business 5.0 and GFI VIPRE Business Premium 5.0, the latest evolutions of the company’s flagship anti-virus solutions.
The company says the updated VIPRE products are easier to deploy and manage, and are “more effective at stopping threats than ever before.”
Key enhancements to VIPRE Business include:
- Incompatible Software Removal — Integrated into a streamlined installation process, the incompatible software removal tool enables IT admins to deploy VIPRE Business in an environment free of other anti-virus agents. This free technology removes numerous agents across a network and helps ensure a clean testing environment when evaluating a 30-day, full-featured trial of the product.
- Windows Firewall Auto-Configuration — The new installation process automatically configures and provisions Windows Firewall settings on all endpoints to ensure communication with all deployed VIPRE agents.
- Integrated Database — VIPRE Business also eliminates the need for any database configuration by IT admins, according to GFI. It employs an integrated database that helps accelerate the installation process and ease administration. IT admins can also use their own Microsoft SQL database instance.
- Auditing and Reporting — IT admins have complete insight into any changes made to VIPRE Business’ security settings.†
- Remote Management ≠– VIPRE Business provides an improved communication layer for IT admins, VARs, and MSPs remotely managing anti-virus solutions across multiple networks and locations.
- Enhanced Management Console — An updated user interface is designed to make managing endpoints even easier.
VIPRE Antivirus Business† includes one year of support, updates, and product upgrades. The upgrade to VIPRE Antivirus Business 5.0 is available to all existing VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Enterprise customers. New customers can purchase VIPRE Antivirus Business on a per-machine basis. Pricing for VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Business Premium includes the first year of maintenance and starts at $193.80 and $240, respectively, for 5 machines, with a sliding scale discount based on number of machines. A 50 percent competitive upgrade discount also is available for a limited time.