Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity company, announced its partnership with Zerum, a security and operations data science company. By integrating Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence services, including Webroot BrightCloud Streaming Malware Detection, Zerum customers can more quickly and efficiently stop potential threats by detecting malicious files at the network perimeter and keeping end users from visiting malicious or unwanted websites.
About the Partnership:
- Webroot will be integrated into Zerum Lynx, a security analytics solution that simply and accurately identifies complex and new threats through powerful detection and investigation features like machine learning-based UEBA and real-time wire data analytics.
- The Webroot integration will provide timely, accurate threat intelligence on billions of malicious URLs and IPs to help Zerum customers detect malicious activity on their networks.
- BrightCloud Streaming Malware Detection enables Zerum Lynx to detect polymorphic and other malware within milliseconds as it enters or traverses their customers' networks, allowing rapid oversight of threat activity.
- The Webroot integration will be first available to Zerum customers in Brazil in October of 2018, then to all customers across a variety of industries – including enterprises in the defense, energy, government, financial services, information technology, telecom and other sectors.
About Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services
- Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services protect customers from malicious URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps by integrating accurate and operational threat intelligence into an organization's security solutions.
- Webroot BrightCloud Streaming Malware Detection helps businesses catch malicious files in transit before they can enter the network and have the chance to spread; the solution utilizes machine learning for reliable, real-time protection that is over 500 times faster than traditional, signature-based solutions.
- With highly advanced machine learning and big data architecture, the platform is powered by millions of licensed endpoints and data sources from across the globe.
Hal Lonas, Chief Technology Officer, Webroot:
"As cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated, it's critical for businesses to have reliable and up-to-date threat intelligence to avoid the risks they're up against. We're excited to work with a forward-looking organization like Zerum that understands static and list-based solutions are a thing of the past. With BrightCloud Streaming Malware Detection, Zerum's customers will benefit from faster and more accurate detection of threats at the network perimeter before they can spread and wreak havoc on the business."
Daniel Zimmermann, Marketing & Communications, Zerum:
"At Zerum, we always care to bring the most innovative and disruptive solutions to our clients. Thanks to our partnership with Webroot, we are able to provide global threat intelligence on the latest cyberattacks to the Brazilian market, allowing our customers to react to new threats in a way that traditional security tools cannot – reducing business risk while saving time and money."