IT distributor Tech Data Corp. and its TechEDG team of public-sector sales and services specialists is expanding support for VARs pursuing federal IT spending.
Through credit offerings--along with extended sales hours and solutions consulting--Tech Data says its VAR partners are "leveraging the TechEDG team to bid on, win, and fulfill federal IT contracts that encompass a broad array of technology solutions."
The federal government is expected to spend more than $75 billion on IT solutions this year.
"The next three months are crucial for many VARs providing IT solutions to the federal government," says Barb Miller, Tech Data vice president of government, technical and integration services. "Federal agencies are spending their remaining budgets, while others will begin procurement as funds become available with the new fiscal year, starting Oct. 1."
Miller says that Tech Data's TechEDG team will make sure VARs "have the support they need to meet bid deadlines, obtain the latest government pricing, track special vendor promotions, and secure financing for their Federal government business." Miller adds that Tech Data supports VARs fulfilling the IT needs of all government agencies, including the departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs.
The needs of VARs pursuing these dollars range from basic product fulfillment to more advanced, specialized solutions support and professional IT services. TechEDG's "logistics and configuration services," as the company calls them, helps VARs plan solutions in accordance with all government contract requirements.
According to Tech Data Corp., TechEDG will help VARs incorporate new networking solutions into their bids. "Tech Data recently established and expanded distribution partnerships with Force10 Networks and Brocade, respectively," the company states. "Both vendors develop networking solutions VARs can provide to end users in the public sector."
More About the TechEDG Team
TechEDG is a team of public-sector sales, business-development and bid specialists, offering a broad array of services and support for government VARs, including:
- Dedicated Sales Experts--Tech Data's expanded team of government sales professionals addresses challenges facing VARs selling in the public sector
- Credit--Tech Data reviews government VAR accounts to ensure optimal financing during peak buying periods.
- Extended Hours--The public-sector team will extend hours and be available to support VARs meeting deadlines or responding to last-minute requests from their government customers.
- Bid Desk--Public-sector services specialists aim to help VARs secure contract-specific pricing and competitive quotes for lengthy and complicated bids.
- Business Development--Tech Data's team of government experts identifies opportunities in the federal market and assists with RFIs, RFQs and RFPs.
- Government Promotions--Seasonal rebates and incentives created especially for registered government VARs are tracked by the team and posted on a dedicate Web site.
- GSA Letters of Supply--Tech Data serves as a pass-through for vendor letters of supply, providing this information to VARs with their own GSA Schedule. Tech Data has recently added new letters of supply from Canon, Chip PC, Imation, Parallels, Planar, Sharp, Sony, St. Bernard Software, and Verbatim.