April 05, 2017 04:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Panasonic, a leading provider of integrated security and video surveillance solutions, today announced that its next generation i-PRO® Extreme technology platform which began roll-out in September 2016 is now fully available for delivery. The new i-PRO Extreme technology solution sets a new bar for complete security and video surveillance systems with simplified automated setup, industry-leading image performance, proven reliability and enhanced data security—providing one of the industry’s few pre-engineered, highly-secure and complete end-to-end H.265 surveillance systems, all from a single vendor.
Since the introduction of the i-PRO Extreme platform last fall, Panasonic has expanded the system with a broader portfolio of high-performance cameras and today is announcing the immediate availability of its new Extreme recorder (WJ-NX400) and video management software (VMS) application (WV-ASM300) which now complete the full end-to-end solution that delivers secure H.265 image capture, recording and video management.
The new i-PRO Extreme WJ-NX400 is an H.265 enterprise class system recorder that offers significant performance enhancements compared to its predecessor the popular WJ-ND400 i-PRO recorder. Its 4K GUI enables a complete camera/recorder/viewing solution with no additional client software required or can be used with Panasonic’s new WV-ASM300 software and integrated with a larger solution for maximum flexibility.
Key features include:
Secure, High Bandwidth Recording
- Records up to 128 H.265/H.264 camera streams with up to 384Mbps of recording bandwidth
- Nine integrated internal HDD slots support 3TB, 4TB, and 6TB drive capacity in RAID 5/6
- Dual Stream Ready with a narrow-band companion recording stream created for each main recording channel enabling support for mobile delivery applications
- Includes the i-PRO Secure Communications suite and Symantec Certificate Authentication for robust IP security
Integrated Video Management and Auto Configuration
- Complete PC-less surveillance solution via built-in mouse driven 4K GUI and Dual HDMI display support
- Automatic camera identification and configuration for easy network set-up and operation
Scalable Storage, High Reliability and Redundancy
- External storage expansion up to 270TB via five optional WJ-HXE400 storage units
- High Reliability HDD Power Management increases HDD life up to seven years*
- Redundant fail-over ready* using second recorder and fast no-format RAID expansion
No Channel License Fees and Full i-PRO H.264 Compatibility
- Backward compatibility with legacy i-PRO cameras, encoders and VMS software
- No per-channel license fee and simple drop-in replacement for legacy ND400 recorder users
- Limited 5-year Factory warranty
Also available now is Panasonic’s new i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure Video Management Software (WV-ASM300), a powerful Windows®-based application and a major step forward from the previous ASM200 version software. The new ASM300 software features an improved GUI design, integrated set-up and configuration functionality within the main GUI, a new timeline search capability and full H.265 compatibility among other improvements. ASM300 is a versatile management application that enables a secure, scalable H.265-ready, multi-camera, multi-recorder surveillance management environment and is fully compatible with Panasonic’s legacy i-PRO line of H.264 cameras, recorders and encoders.
The new ASM300 now supports Video Insight (VI) Servers as recorders via Panasonic’s new extension software (WV-ASE306) enabling a virtually unlimited number of VI servers to be accessed by the ASM300 platform, depending on the specific configuration or other extensions in use. The ASM300 with the ASE306 extension now enables a seamless migration path to VI without requiring users to abandon their existing hardware investments and can also support VI compatible third-party cameras when connected through the VI server.
Key features include:
Fully Integrated and Secure
- Single application delivers full i-PRO camera control, viewing and recording management
- Seamlessly integrates new H.265 i-PRO Extreme cameras and recorders with legacy i-PRO H.264 equipment
- Includes Secure Communication suite and Symantec Certificate Authentication for robust IP security
Powerful User Interface
- New UI design increases operator usability and supports 4K Native GUI
- New powerful setup wizard automatically identifies and configures all i-PRO system components
- Now integrates native support for multiple monitors, MAP screens and WJ-CU950 Joystick Controller
Scalable and Extendable
- Supports 100 recorders, 64 encoders and 256 directly connected cameras with base package; optional expansion models are capable of supporting thousands of additional cameras, recorders and encoders
- Special optional software extension modules enable face-matching via FacePro™
- (ASF-900) and other expansions and capabilities
Easy Trial Options with No Annual Fees
- Downloadable 90-day full version trial option
- Free version updates and zero annual camera license fees
- License upgrade options are available for existing ASM200 users
Finally, Panasonic will also be exhibiting new Extreme Analytics capabilities as well as several of its popular advanced analytics technology solutions including:
- NEW Vehicle Incident Analytics are offered as an option on two new i-PRO Extreme PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) outdoor cameras announced today (WV-X6531/-X6511), enabling camera operators to monitor up to four lanes of vehicle traffic and receive automated alerts identifying unusual activity such as cars moving in the wrong direction or stopped on a highway.
- FacePro™ Facial Search and Recognition System is a server-based facial recognition and matching platform that provides high-speed facial search and improved matching capabilities on video from Panasonic i-PRO Cameras including enhanced age and gender analytics reporting.
- Advanced Business Intelligence Data via its ULTRA 360 indoor (WV-SFN480) and outdoor IP66 rated weather- and vandal-resistant (WV-SFV481) cameras utilizing advanced analytics capabilities such as heat mapping, people counting and moving object removal to deliver actionable information for retail and other environments.
- 360 Degree Microphone with Sound Analytics features advanced 360° microphone hardware technology and a proprietary digital signal processing algorithm coupled with Panasonic’s popular 360° Network Camera (WV-SF438) for audio noise cancellation and sound isolation of selected video regions, even in very noisy environments.
Announced last fall, Panasonic’s end-to-end i-PRO Extreme technology platform delivers unmatched image quality, system reliability, IP security and embedded intelligence. Key technology capabilities delivered by i-PRO Extreme includes:
EXTREME VISIBILITY: Captures the highest quality images automatically even in very dynamic and challenging lighting environments
EXTREME COMPRESSION: Industry standard H.265 coupled with Panasonic’s Smart Coding technology delivers the highest quality images with up to a 95 percent bandwidth reduction versus H.264
EXTREME RELIABILITY: Delivers low failure rates and redundancy along with Panasonic’s i-PRO Preferred 5-year warranty program for unmatched service enhancements and support
EXTREME DATA SECURITY: i-PRO’s Secure Communication Suite ensures robust end-to-end IP security of the i-PRO Extreme-based surveillance network
*Some features available in future releases.
Panasonic’s full portfolio of H.265 i-PRO Extreme integrated security and video surveillance solutions will be on display at ISC West in booth 23057 as well as the i-PRO Extreme Technology Showcase on Wednesday, April 5 – more info here.
For more information about Panasonic’s surveillance solutions please visit www.us.panasonic.com/security and follow us on Twitter.
About Panasonic System Communications Company of North America
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, delivers reliable technology solutions for government and commercial enterprises. Technologies include mobile computing devices and support services, point-of-sale solutions, video surveillance systems, video evidence capture and management solutions, professional displays, projectors, digital signage, video production equipment, and office communications and productivity solutions.
To learn more call 877-803-8492 or visit us.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine’s 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution. Learn more about Panasonic at us.panasonic.com/news.